testtest

10 Best AR-15 Rifles in 2021 (with Pictures and Prices)

BobM

Hellcat
An interesting longer article that looks to be updated from an earlier version. Am thinking article's mainly intended for beginners, but has plenty of good examples and is quite explanatory. One of the better AR-15 articles read.

I don't own an AR, but if I was to purchase one of the above it would be the Ruger AR-556. I just like the simple looks of a GI-style rifle.
Not a biggie. Me either. Ruger and Springfield are both good choices from what seen so far. Some of challenge is finding what wanted in stock at a good reasonable price. For example, look at prices in article, then click buy it now links. Many AR's are over MSRP. Am only looking on and off semi seriously finding out what can and thought would share some of the better newer info found. Is a lot of other good AR-15 info here on this site too. Is a lot to digest at once.

And that doesn't look like any Sig Tread M400 model I've seen on Sig's and other website. The whole upper looks completely different.
That said, I'm surprised AR's like Christensen Arms CA-15 G2, LWRCI, ZEV, etc., didn't make the list. They appeared in one of the article Best 29 AR-15s under 2K linked below, and I just picked up the CA-15 G2 (although with the SS barrel, not the Carbon Fiber wrapped model). But alas, these lists are mostly subjective.

And that doesn't look like any Sig Tread M400 model I've seen on Sig's and other website. The whole upper looks completely different.
That said, I'm surprised AR's like Christensen Arms CA-15 G2, LWRCI, ZEV, etc., didn't make the list. They appeared in one of the article Best 29 AR-15s under 2K linked below, and I just picked up the CA-15 G2 (although with the SS barrel, not the Carbon Fiber wrapped model). But alas, these lists are mostly subjective.

Agreed, mostly subjective and opinion of author. Not much with online articles is usually anything more than that. Usually just glean articles for info. This one seemed to mention many different things useful for beginners just getting into AR's like with barrel info.

Agreed, mostly subjective and opinion of author. Not much with online articles is usually anything more than that. Usually just glean articles for info. This one seemed to mention many different things useful for beginners just getting into AR's like with barrel info.
I don't have an AR but am considering one. Good article, but like mentioned mostly authors opinion, like most such top 10 articles. Occasionally they will pick a set of criteria to back up thier opinion, like passer rating for quarterbacks.

I have done a lot of writing online articles for various sites and it's all basically opinion and result of thier research. Of course the places they use for research are usually opinion based also. Often, the author may have never really seen or touched the items. That is possibly why pictures might be wrong, they might be used from other sources. The author might not know they are wrong. Freelance writers often get only a couple of bucks per article, so it can be volume over complete accuracy.

Editing seems mostly limited to style, tone, and for some sites slant and point of view philosophically, seldom for factual content.

Last edited:
Back