testtest

10mm Ammo of 2024, Tested and Reviewed

Lexie__M

Custom
1722140928682.png

I'm sorry, I'm not trusting my life with bear to a 95gr bullet.
It's not sorcery. The bullet's effect on the the bear is based on muzzle energy or kinetic energy and penetration. It's just simple physics and math. Muzzle energy is not only accomplished because of the mass of the bullet. It's a computation of both mass and velocity. The Lehigh bullet is lighter then the 200-220 gr. lead bullet. However, it's
115 gr. traveling at a velocity of 1600 fps. gives it a muzzle energy of 654 ft. lbs! Coupled with a solid copper cavitaing bullet, it has deep penetration as well. You can get 703 ft. lbs. from Buffalo Bore 220 gr. lead, but you're losing some control and follow-up shot placement to to recoil and I doubt it will match the penetration of the Honey badger.

Last edited:
It's not sorcery. The bullet's effect on the the bear is based on muzzle energy or kinetic energy and penetration. It's just simple physics and math. Muzzle energy is not only accomplished because of the mass of the bullet. It's a computation of both mass and velocity. The Lehigh bullet is lighter then the 200-220 gr. lead bullet. However, it's
115 gr. traveling at a velocity of 1600 fps. gives it a muzzle energy of 654 ft. lbs! Coupled with a solid copper cavitaing bullet, it has deep penetration as well. You can get 703 ft. lbs. from Buffalo Bore 220 gr. lead, but you're losing some control and follow-up shot placement to to recoil and I doubt it will match the penetration of the Honey badger.
It matches penetration in gel; a soft, homogeneous medium.

That lightweight bullet is going to lack the momentum to penetrate heavy, dense bone…which bears have.

Believe the snake oil salesman all you way; I’ll trust what’s actually proven throughout the years—heavy, hard, pushed as fast as possible.

It matches penetration in gel; a soft, homogeneous medium.

That lightweight bullet is going to lack the momentum to penetrate heavy, dense bone…which bears have.

Believe the snake oil salesman all you way; I’ll trust what’s actually proven throughout the years—heavy, hard, pushed as fast as possible.
yep, and if I knew nasty bear was going to be on the menu, I might just take my trusty 45 LColt +P @1267 ft lbs with 325 gr hard nose or even my 454 casull punchers with 1689, or 1881 ft lbs to take care of the bruin.

Bless your little heart

Here is another way I (and maybe others) also look at things as far as “in the field” wether self defense on 2 leg or something more like hunting which would be similar to a bear.

While in downtown urban areas with a 2 legged predator a light fast 10mm will probably work pretty good. However “comma” My issue with using anything light and fast in especially a 10 mm for bear is this.

You are in the woods with small saplings, brush etc. you have a better than average situation if having to shoot through. iI’s proven heavier bullets don’t get deflected like lighter faster ones! While yea you have other issues that can make or break your day in something that is probably gonna be a close proximity issue!

If anyone is sold on lighter and faster for bears specifically hey they do them!

But some of us like the standard to heavy for caliber 180-200 ish in 10mm as that seems to be a pretty ideal performance in hunting. Provided they are loaded to true 10mm ballistics!

I know from street results in human interactions anything super under weight for caliber no matter how fast has had poor results like all the 60-90 grain 9mm like RIP etc so for a company to think they have a better way of rebranding stuff I’m not interested!

Back