testtest

10mm Bear Killer

And the obvious question, why did he not had his Primary arm, presumably a rifle at the ready and use it? If he was “hunting” with the ten, well ok, but if it was a backup Why was it used. 10 mm with right loads is like a .41 Mag. Not ideal for bear but adequate.

And the obvious question, why did he not had his Primary arm, presumably a rifle at the ready and use it? If he was “hunting” with the ten, well ok, but if it was a backup Why was it used. 10 mm with right loads is like a .41 Mag. Not ideal for bear but adequate.
10mm “with the right loads” is not even close to .41 Mag…unless you cherry pick very light .41 mags and very hot 10mm.

10mm is pretty much the same as a .357 magnum, apples to apples.

A .41 will push the same bullet weight MUCH faster than a 10mm can…10mm to .40 pretty much the same difference as .41 to 10mm.

I’ve been a victim of the hype🙄. Never have owned a 10 (though I almost bought a delta elite way back when). What you’ve stated surprises me. Basically we’re saying that the new breed FBI types can handle .357 type recoil? Sad. I know the .10 brings a nice big slug to the party and I like that ( which is a reason I enjoy the .44 Mag and .45 acp). I don’t get it. If I was in the business of “looking for trouble” I’d want the baddest boy I can find (no, nothing above a .44mag power wise) and then I’d work with that bad boy until I could hit quickly and accurately with it. I typically carry a smaller 9 or a j frame .38-but I’m not looking for trouble either. If I was, it’d be a .45, and if I knew for certain I was only going to get one away, it’d be a 69 Smith .44 Mag 👍. My split times with it aren’t much punkins, but the first round is downrange and on target as fast as my 9’s😊

I’ve been a victim of the hype🙄. Never have owned a 10 (though I almost bought a delta elite way back when). What you’ve stated surprises me. Basically we’re saying that the new breed FBI types can handle .357 type recoil? Sad. I know the .10 brings a nice big slug to the party and I like that ( which is a reason I enjoy the .44 Mag and .45 acp). I don’t get it. If I was in the business of “looking for trouble” I’d want the baddest boy I can find (no, nothing above a .44mag power wise) and then I’d work with that bad boy until I could hit quickly and accurately with it. I typically carry a smaller 9 or a j frame .38-but I’m not looking for trouble either. If I was, it’d be a .45, and if I knew for certain I was only going to get one away, it’d be a 69 Smith .44 Mag 👍. My split times with it aren’t much punkins, but the first round is downrange and on target as fast as my 9’s😊
The FBI never issued full-power 10mm; the 10mm “FBI Load” was a 180gr HydraShok @950fps.

Which is what a .40S&W will do.

Back