testtest

12 Gauge Shortie Shells (Mini Shells)

1726191862423.png

1726191921346.png

All you shotgun gurus, what are your thoughts and experiences with the Shorties for 12 gauge? I know they were just novelty for years, but now all the big guys are making them. I got some to try out but have not been to the farm yet.

What do yall think? @Bassbob @BassCliff and or any shotgunners
Meh. They will run in a KSG and they will run in a Mossberg with the adaptor. They turn a KSG25 into a KSG41. I wouldn't load up a SD gun with them though. And for just screwing around on the range they're awful pricey.

Federal has been making them for years btw.

Bob, or anyone else who might know ... I saw a few days ago somewhere a demonstration of 3 very different and varied shotguns with some really unique features. One was the KSG(?) from KelTec with the side by side mags, and I believe it was a 'Bullpup' design. Don't remember even what the 3rd one was about, but the one I'm curious about was made in Turkey and the name started with an 'A' ... maybe Arum, Abus, or something similar. I just remember it was 4 letters and started with an 'A'. But the unique thing about it was it can be loaded full up, then actually broke down much like a break action, except it broke all the way down till the stock and under bbl magazine were almost touching. Imagine breaking it down into a doubled over position so it would fit into a back pack. However it remained loaded and ready for action by simply pulling up on the stock until it was in it's normal shooting position. I couldn't see exactly what it hinged on or how it hinged, but it looked almost like a soft, flexible type of hinge of some kind. You know anything about it?

Bob, or anyone else who might know ... I saw a few days ago somewhere a demonstration of 3 very different and varied shotguns with some really unique features. One was the KSG(?) from KelTec with the side by side mags, and I believe it was a 'Bullpup' design. Don't remember even what the 3rd one was about, but the one I'm curious about was made in Turkey and the name started with an 'A' ... maybe Arum, Abus, or something similar. I just remember it was 4 letters and started with an 'A'. But the unique thing about it was it can be loaded full up, then actually broke down much like a break action, except it broke all the way down till the stock and under bbl magazine were almost touching. Imagine breaking it down into a doubled over position so it would fit into a back pack. However it remained loaded and ready for action by simply pulling up on the stock until it was in it's normal shooting position. I couldn't see exactly what it hinged on or how it hinged, but it looked almost like a soft, flexible type of hinge of some kind. You know anything about it?

I am usually a more is better guy, but when it comes to shotguns the standard capacity of my Model 1897 of 6 rounds is plenty. Side saddles and the like throw off the balance, for me anyway. I like the bird based quickness of a 20 inch barrel scattergun. And it is a takedown, so I can easily carry it if traveling. And since it does not have a disconnector, it can be used in firehose mode by just holding the trigger back and pumping it. Mostly a stunt to show off at the range, but it is there if I ever need it.

Back