testtest

Viktos Perimeter Backpack Review: Packing in a Tactical Bag

I have a couple "Tactical" backpacks. They work well as range bags or the kind of bag you fill with SHTF stuff and throw in the trunk of your car.

If you are going to be carrying a gun around in one I highly suggest a backpack that doesn't scream " I have guns in here". Clothing is the same way. You go around wearing 5.11 and combat boots all the time then you certainly are not going to be the "Gray man".

If you are going to be carrying a gun around in one I highly suggest a backpack that doesn't scream " I have guns in here".
I don't like off body carry at all. Even if I'm carrying the backpack, I can't imagine a situation that I would ever be in or that I have ever been in in which I would have time to take my backpack off open it up and get the gun out before the whole thing was over.

Also, there are absolutely no circumstances in which I would leave a firearm unattended in my backpack, such as sitting at my desk in my Cube.
Clothing is the same way. You go around wearing 5.11 and combat boots all the time then you certainly are not going to be the "Gray man".
I find it interesting the number of people who absolutely refuse to acknowledge this.

I don't like off body carry at all. Even if I'm carrying the backpack, I can't imagine a situation that I would ever be in or that I have ever been in in which I would have time to take my backpack off open it up and get the gun out before the whole thing was over.

Also, there are absolutely no circumstances in which I would leave a firearm unattended in my backpack, such as sitting at my desk in my Cube.

I find it interesting the number of people who absolutely refuse to acknowledge this.
I don't carry off body either. But I won't rule out a folded up AR pistol in a non- descript backpack hanging out in the back seat on occasion.

Bags with a CCW section are accessible from a zipper on the side, are Velcro lined to accept a holster and very quick to access. You don’t need to remove the bag from your person to access your gun.

Bags with a CCW section are accessible from a zipper on the side, are Velcro lined to accept a holster and very quick to access. You don’t need to remove the bag from your person to access your gun.
So you reach behind you, unzip the bag, reach in and get the gun out?

I'll tell you what, set your concealed carry backpack up using an Airsoft Gun, then walk through a parking lot.

At an unspecified time your training partner steps out from between two cars and ambushes you.

Let us know how that works out for you.

I'll tell you what, set your concealed carry backpack up using an Airsoft Gun, then walk through a parking lot.

At an unspecified time your training partner steps out from between two cars and ambushes you.

No. The bags are designed to be worn in a way that you spin the bag around to the front of you. I watched some guys at a class deploy CZ Scorpions from carry bags on their back in a matter of a few seconds. That's not really for concealed carry though. You know, beboppin' down the street and Mr. Hoodrat jumps out in front of you with a gun or whatever. Active shooter situations or first responder kind of stuff. It's not something I would do, but those bags are pretty cool and convenient.

No. The bags are designed to be worn in a way that you spin the bag around to the front of you. I watched some guys at a class deploy CZ Scorpions from carry bags on their back in a matter of a few seconds. That's not really for concealed carry though. You know, beboppin' down the street and Mr. Hoodrat jumps out in front of you with a gun or whatever. Active shooter situations or first responder kind of stuff. It's not something I would do, but those bags are pretty cool and convenient.
That doesn't appear to be what the bag that's being reviewed is and it doesn't appear to be what the other poster is talking about.

I know what a F.A.G Bag is.

I carry a backpack on one shoulder. I don’t have to reach behind me, I just reach across into my bag and grab my pistol, not my UZI, folded AR15, SAW or anything else huge you might think would be difficult to get out. And guess what? I’m not walking through the hood with a backpack anyway, because someone’s going to come up behind you, yank you to the ground and kick the snot out of you before you know what hit you. Maybe you should visit your local 5.11 - if they’ll let you in - and have a look at what a modern tactical bag looks like.

I carry a backpack on one shoulder. I don’t have to reach behind me, I just reach across into my bag and grab my pistol, not my UZI, folded AR15, SAW or anything else huge you might think would be difficult to get out. And guess what? I’m not walking through the hood with a backpack anyway, because someone’s going to come up behind you, yank you to the ground and kick the snot out of you before you know what hit you. Maybe you should visit your local 5.11 - if they’ll let you in - and have a look at what a modern tactical bag looks like.
So, where would one walk was such backpack with their gun in it?

What situation would you be in where you could have a gun in your backpack on your person but you couldn't have a guon directly on your person?

Do you think people only get mugged in the hood? I had a couple of tickets to rob me right outside my house one night. I mean literally between the front door and the car.

So, where would one walk was such backpack with their gun in it?

What situation would you be in where you could have a gun in your backpack on your person but you couldn't have a guon directly on your person?

Do you think people only get mugged in the hood? I had a couple of tickets to rob me right outside my house one night. I mean literally between the front door and the car.
No one could ever rob me right outside of my house. Not gonna elaborate but……

And let’s not pretend like there aren’t areas where crime is much, MUCH more likely to occur. Sure there’s always a possibility you may get mugged in Ladue, Missouri but it is ridiculously unlikely.

It’s also a plain fact that the vast majority of people who like to rob other people are NOT operators or even trained at all. And usually guys like us see them coming a block away. The odds of needing to draw a pistol in .9 seconds diminish dramatically if you are aware.

No one could ever rob me right outside of my house. Not gonna elaborate but……
I don't know why autocorrect did that. What I wrote was I had two crackheads try to rob me right outside my house one night. I wrote it I looked at it I verified what it said and went on about my business and autocorrect obviously changed it

And let’s not pretend like there aren’t areas where crime is much, MUCH more likely to occur. Sure there’s always a possibility you may get mugged in Ladue, Missouri but it is ridiculously unlikely.
I'm not sure how to respond to this because I agree but I kind of don't. Really, the odds are that most of us will never be the victim of a mugging.

Honest to God I really think that luck is probably the biggest factor. And that's why I practice and I train and I don't walk out my door unarmed

It’s also a plain fact that the vast majority of people who like to rob other people are NOT operators or even trained at all. And usually guys like us see them coming a block away. The odds of needing to draw a pistol in .9 seconds diminish dramatically if you are aware.
This is another one of those "yeah but" moments.

Most of those guys probably don't have any formal training. They're probably not operators but they probably have more OJT than most of us.

I absolutely believe that the very first time that "you" ever get mugged might not even be your Mugger's first encounter of the night.

And depending on where you live, they may very well be trained operators.
Right after the 4th ID returned from its first deployment there were a series of home invasion robberies in Colorado Springs that turned out to be three or four guys who had served together in Iraq and had perfected their skills kicking in doors in Faluja.

There's a guy on another Forum that has as a signature "I'm not training for a fight against some random crackhead I'm training for the moment when some apex predator selects the wrong victim" or something like that.

That's not a bad way to look at it

Last edited:
I don't know why autocorrect did that. What I wrote was I had two crackheads try to rob me right outside my house one night. I wrote it I looked at it I verified what it said and went on about my business and autocorrect obviously changed it

I'm not sure how to respond to this because I agree but I kind of don't. Really, the odds are that most of us will never be the victim of a mugging.

Honest to God I really think that luck is probably the biggest factor. And that's why I practice and I train and I don't walk out my door unarmed

This is another one of those "yeah but" moments.

Most of those guys probably don't have any formal training. They're probably not operators but they probably have more OJT than most of us.

I absolutely believe that the very first time that "you" ever get mugged might not even be your Mugger's first encounter of the night.

And depending on where you live, they may very well be trained operators.
Right after the 4th ID returned from its first deployment there were a series of home invasion robberies in Colorado Springs that turned out to be three or four guys who had served together in Iraq and had perfected their skills kicking in doors in Faluja.

There's a guy on another Forum that has as a signature "I'm not training for a fight against some random crackhead I'm training for the moment when some apex predator selects the wrong victim" or something like that.

That's not a bad way to look at it
I don’t disagree with that. But I’m also not strapping a shotgun on my back to go out to dinner. If you get my meaning.

The bottom line is that guys do train with gun bags and PCCs. And I saw first hand how rapidly they can be deployed. So it is an option, like everything else it will need to be trained on. We can argue about the sensibilities of it until the cows come home, but there are several guys here who carry unloaded pistols every day. We all have to decide what works for our particular situation and what we’re comfortable with. I agree with you in as far as I’m not personally going to be walking down the street with a gun in a bag unless I’m already enroute to a :poop: show somewhere. Everything ain’t for everybody though.

Back