testtest

An EDC for Every Season: The Ronin 4.25" 9mm 1911

I've never owned, shot, or even seen one, but I can see where it would be a great choice. I HAVE handled the SA EMP-framed guns and they just fit my hand so much better than a full-size 1911.

I have a 4.25" Ronin in .45acp. Added night sights, standard width Wilson G10 grips and a 'stainless' Cerakote refinish of the frame. It's one of the nicest shooting 1911 pistols I've ever owned. I sold my 4" EMP as the grip just didn't fit me even with standard width G10 grips and I didn't care for the proprietary EMP magazines.

A 9mm Ronin may someday be in my future.

Last edited:
Looks like a good piece of gear. They are so slim they work well inside the pants.

1698690024417.png

In the absence of @Annihilator, I had to :LOL:

With an IWB holster and a big maybe a horizontal Shoulder holster 3/4" off the muzzle might make a difference but I am not sure just how much. For OWB carry give me the 5" and the little bit of extra velocity.

In a smaller 1911 for concealed carry and Officers model that is more compact at each end makes more sense. But then you give up capacity and velocity.

I often carry red dot sighted 9mm M&Ps but I feel better armed with my Dan Wesson Vigil 45 acp 1911 commander Don't want to start a 9mm vs 45 acp forum war but I still think a bigger hole is better.

Which is why I'm still a fan of the CCO. But not many manufacturers offer them.
Springfield came close with their RO LW Compact; it was a 4” barrel, though, not a proper Commander, on the compact frame.

I liked mine a lot, but…my X9 EDC was the same size package with twice as many rounds on tap.

Springfield: you need to make a compact grip module version of the 4.25” Prodigy, as well as a 15rd mag…it’ll sell like hotcakes.

I have this in .45 ACP but I don't train with the 1911 platform enough to comfortably make it an EDC option. Also, (especially) since I had a number of failure to feeds using the 230 grain FMJ ammo I was shooting (can't recall the brand off the top of head).

Maybe I haven't shot it enough to work through the break-in period? :unsure:

I have this in .45 ACP but I don't train with the 1911 platform enough to comfortably make it an EDC option. Also, (especially) since I had a number of failure to feeds using the 230 grain FMJ ammo I was shooting (can't recall the brand off the top of head).

Maybe I haven't shot it enough to work through the break-in period? :unsure:

Could be.

Could also be it didn’t like that particular flavor of ammo.

Or, it could be a magazine issue.

Try switching up one thing at a time…and if you haven’t given it a thorough cleaning & lubing (1911’s do tend to like being run wet), try that first.

Could be.

Could also be it didn’t like that particular flavor of ammo.

Or, it could be a magazine issue.

Try switching up one thing at a time…and if you haven’t given it a thorough cleaning & lubing (1911’s do tend to like being run wet), try that first.
Thanks; I haven't shot it much to be honest, but it was clean/lubed for this particular session. I'll check the brand and see how it does with other rounds. It was the FMJ it didn't seem to like, with the JHP feeding without issue. Cycled 2-3 mags but couldn't tell you if it was the same one causing the FTF. I'll mark them and check next session to be sure.

Back