testtest

17 HMR

I had one…I decided that for anything under 100 yards, it wasn’t doing any better than .22LR, and at longer ranges, I’d rather use a .22-250 or .223.

The only thing it was good for was shooting pigeons inside barns/machine sheds; that 17gr bullet would utterly self-destruct inside the bird, making an entry crater with no exit.

I had one…I decided that for anything under 100 yards, it wasn’t doing any better than .22LR, and at longer ranges, I’d rather use a .22-250 or .223.

The only thing it was good for was shooting pigeons inside barns/machine sheds; that 17gr bullet would utterly self-destruct inside the bird, making an entry crater with no exit.
I agree with you I wish I would got a 22lr instead of a 22 mag it’s cheaper and don’t think it’s any better then a 22lr but it’s fun

I agree with you I wish I would got a 22lr instead of a 22 mag it’s cheaper and don’t think it’s any better then a 22lr but it’s fun
.22 mag works well on larger varmints—woodchucks, skunks (more stand-off distance!), and coyotes…cleaner kill, where a .22LR might give a fatal wound, but not a quick death.

But, yeah…I still have a .22WMR rifle (HK300), but it’s not a common shooter.

.22WMR in a revolver, though…that’s a nice little round.

.22 mag works well on larger varmints—woodchucks, skunks (more stand-off distance!), and coyotes…cleaner kill, where a .22LR might give a fatal wound, but not a quick death.

That’s true if I had the chance to pick a 22WMR in a revolver I would like that . I just think I would shoot my Henry more if it was a 22lr cheaper

I grew up on a hog farm, and would put down 3-400# sows & boars with a .22 short…
Yes the slaughterhouse we used when I was a kid used .22 shorts to kill hogs and cattle. Back in those days a lot of people still ate brains and head cheese, and the butcher took care to minimize the damage when killing the animals. Nowadays most kill hogs with electrocution, and a captured bolt gun on cattle.

A customer just told me yesterday he went to GA to a work-related outing of sorts (just last week), and got to use a .17HMR to get rid of some beavers that "infested" the resort (with resort staff). He said they got 5 of 5 shot at (4 in water, 1 on land) with one round each. I'm not endorsing the activity, but if the round can take out a beaver, it's gotta have a little wallop to it.

Uh oh … you said the word… 😱😱😱😱😱

Woodchuck 🤯🤯😳😳

Woodchuck!

WOODCHUCK!

*fills lungs*

WOOOOODDDDCHUUUUUCK!!!!
1690937708547.gif

Back