testtest

1791 Gunleather Review — M1916 G.I. Hip and M3 Tanker Holsters

As I mentioned earlier, these and other WWII reproduction holsters have been available for years from At the Front. The company offers full reproductions of GI and Axis uniforms, footwear, and accessories. I have the M3 for my SA 1911A1 and I have their tankers jacket. Both are excellent products and faithful reproductions right down to the WWII contract #s on the tags.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “1791 Gunleather Review — M1916 G.I. Hip and M3 Tanker Holsters” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/1791-gunleather-review-m1916-g-i-hip-and-m3-tanker-holsters/.

I like it when the old becomes the new. I work at a gun store/range and open carry everyday. I took me several months but I managed to assemble a Vietnam-era .45 ACP rig for my Springfield Operator. Each piece (holster, belt, mag holder, and suspenders) were sourced from a different vendor. The biggest challenge (other than finding original items as opposed to clones) was getting the 7 round mag pouch to accept my 8 round mags. I wear this rig to work every few months to annoy the "kids."

Attachments

• OldSchool.jpg
    OldSchool.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 45
I like it when the old becomes the new. I work at a gun store/range and open carry everyday. I took me several months but I managed to assemble a Vietnam-era .45 ACP rig for my Springfield Operator. Each piece (holster, belt, mag holder, and suspenders) were sourced from a different vendor. The biggest challenge (other than finding original items as opposed to clones) was getting the 7 round mag pouch to accept my 8 round mags. I wear this rig to work every few months to annoy the "kids."
That's what is good about At the Front. They don't do clones, but they take great pains to get the original contract material and sew it to spec. Sometimes they have to go overseas to make it cost effective but it still has to be done to spec.

Back