testtest

Will This End Custom Gunsmithing Work?

I am hardly an expert on poly frame striker pistols, but they make this concept sound new and unique. How is it different than the P320 and P250 which has been around for probably 10 years now.
I’m not too concerned with serialized trigger packs, but the things that attract me to the Echelon are the size, the looks and the fact that you can direct mount almost any red dot to it.

I am hardly an expert on poly frame striker pistols, but they make this concept sound new and unique. How is it different than the P320 and P250 which has been around for probably 10 years now.
My thoughts, same basic setup on the internals more then likely, grip modules, but what sets it sort in the way it mounts any optic without the need for plates or adapters

I just shot my 5"+ Threaded Barrel Echelon yesterday at the range (along with my Sig M17X w/ M17 optic). At 10 yards, the Echelon was dead on accurate with its iron sights (no optic yet). With 77 rounds through it, the only complaint I have is the trigger really bit into my finger no matter where finger placement was. The trigger break and reset were OK, it just really rubbed into my shooting trigger on each shot. This still didn't affect accuracy however and I was impressed. I suppose a trigger replacement is an option that I could look into.
As for the Sig, after I finally got the optic zeroed in at 10 yards, It was accurate and pulling the trigger did not affect me as it did with the Echelon when firing 73 rounds through it. Both were good shooters, and no real complaint other than the one mentioned.

I just shot my 5"+ Threaded Barrel Echelon yesterday at the range (along with my Sig M17X w/ M17 optic). At 10 yards, the Echelon was dead on accurate with its iron sights (no optic yet). With 77 rounds through it, the only complaint I have is the trigger really bit into my finger no matter where finger placement was. The trigger break and reset were OK, it just really rubbed into my shooting trigger on each shot. This still didn't affect accuracy however and I was impressed. I suppose a trigger replacement is an option that I could look into.
As for the Sig, after I finally got the optic zeroed in at 10 yards, It was accurate and pulling the trigger did not affect me as it did with the Echelon when firing 73 rounds through it. Both were good shooters, and no real complaint other than the one mentioned.
Had the same problem many years ago on a P290. Problem disappeared when I installed a flat trigger.

I agree with BET7, the trigger bites both me and my son. I'm wondering when they are going to make compact grip modules and sub compact versions? Yes SIG did it 10 years ago, however the optics mounting on the Echelon beats anything else on the market.

They were not the first either, you are thinking to small. Modularity is the way forward, the days of the frame being the “firearm” is gone. There were examples of modularity before sig, the Sig was the first major success, now with Springfield the die has been cast. Rumors are SW, glock next gen will be modular. Especially with Glock clones already doing it. It is an evolution, from steel guns, to lightweight aluminum, then the new fangled polymer now modular.

One of these days Trijicon and Leupold will figure out that offering shake awake, multiple reticles and side loading battery doors will get them back a lot of the market share they lost to Holosun. Especially if they quit gouging the F out of everyone. $700 for a RDMS ? 🙄
The shake awake feature on my Holosun EPS dots was the main selling point for me. I payed over 500 bucks for each for Trijicon RMR's & SRO's. I replaced them with the Holosuns.

Not likely, gunsmiths that can do actual custom work, will never be jobless, the market for the likes of Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Turnbull, ad nauseum, will never be replaced.
A trigger pack and a plastic "custom" frame that's molded by the thousand, ain't Custom in my reckoning.

Not likely, gunsmiths that can do actual custom work, will never be jobless, the market for the likes of Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Turnbull, ad nauseum, will never be replaced.
A trigger pack and a plastic "custom" frame that's molded by the thousand, ain't Custom in my reckoning.
Good custom pistolsmiths will always be in demand. Unfortunately there's a lot of folks that can't afford high dollar custom guns, I'm one of those.

Back