testtest

Is This EDC Tactic Your Only Option? Would You Do It?

Thanks for the article! Since I have been carrying, I have had to reinvent myself. There are certain places I don't (or rarely) go to, my wardrobe has changed significantly, and I have had to become more creative. All of this reinvention has cost money. I have finally come to a place where I have certain guns and gear for certain weather conditions, for places I need to go, and other things that switch up in my life.

The only part I hate is carrying NOT on my body. I always feel like I don't have complete control when I carry in a bag or purse, but I do have to say that my senses are a lot sharper when doing so. And when I get to a place where I can strap it on, I do so. Quickly.

Among the weapons I have carried IWB concealed are my Hellcat IWB with a tucked shirt and jacket . I once spent a week in training wearing a short and tie each day with a Walther PPS M2 under a tucked in shirt.

Literally nobody knew I was armed

checking a weapon for printing is the most important thing. Shirts that break up the outline, darker tends to be better. Bigger tends to blouse better.

I have a vertical shoulder holster I wear under a sport jacket or light jacket. OH and Please avoid the "Shoot me first" Vest in the summer LOL

The biggest NO NO is wearing military or police looking clothing. I wear shorts etc. in the south. I can easily conceal my pistol . But the biggest YA GOTTA DO....Situational awareness. Know where you are going, what you expect to encounter and most importantly learn to scan inconspicuously your surroundings. And for GOD sake be trained, and skilled at drawing your weapon and firing in a pressure situation.

I think it is like 70% of trained officers report they did not use their sights when firing. Its a reflex action and that is how you should train. At 10 Yards you should be able to draw and fire consistently hitting the Center of Mass. Why? Because multiple tests have shown that baddies can cover the 7 to 10 yards in little or no time.

The only time I will put a gun in a bag instead of my pants is when going to my parents or other family member’s houses for holidays or something. And that’s just a comfort thing. Yeah, my holsters are comfy and don’t print but they’re not as comfortable as not having anything shoved in your pants. And since I’m reasonably certain my parents or my sister won’t try to kill me, off body is fine.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Is This EDC Tactic Your Only Option? Would You Do It?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/off-body-carry/.

Very informative article with interesting perspectives. Just my view is that Springfield should take a close look at offering a scaled down XDS in 38 caliber, hence a ready on the spot pocket gun. I have a CCW for defense purposes only. My XDS45 is a great tool but I need a Arizona, hot weather unit that I can pack wearing light clothing. In threatening scenarios I would chose to run, evacuate the scene and possibly throw rocks at my invaders and first and foremost use my cell phone to call 911. In most cases a 38 should be sufficient to neutralize the opposition in a defensive situation and if it takes more than 5 to 6 rounds in that defensive situation, in my view is just teasing or perpetuating action to develop into a major gun fight that will be devastating for both the defender and the perpetrator either dead or alive. For me a small 38 is a selective, surgical defense tool and strictly defense. For now my Magnum Research Micro 38 serves my needs just fine. Thanks again for the informative article.

Very informative article with interesting perspectives. Just my view is that Springfield should take a close look at offering a scaled down XDS in 38 caliber, hence a ready on the spot pocket gun. I have a CCW for defense purposes only. My XDS45 is a great tool but I need a Arizona, hot weather unit that I can pack wearing light clothing. In threatening scenarios I would chose to run, evacuate the scene and possibly throw rocks at my invaders and first and foremost use my cell phone to call 911. In most cases a 38 should be sufficient to neutralize the opposition in a defensive situation and if it takes more than 5 to 6 rounds in that defensive situation, in my view is just teasing or perpetuating action to develop into a major gun fight that will be devastating for both the defender and the perpetrator either dead or alive. For me a small 38 is a selective, surgical defense tool and strictly defense. For now my Magnum Research Micro 38 serves my needs just fine. Thanks again for the informative article.
They can’t make a .380 XDS/Hellcat; it wouldn’t be importable under GCA68.

They did make a Colt Mustang/Sig 238 copy for a while, but they discontinued it years ago.

And when I get to a place where I can strap it on, I do so. Quickly.
1718327339962.gif

Back