testtest

1986 Miami Shootout: The Aftermath

Great post Anni. I was totally unaware of this incident until I watched a made for TV movie on this crime and shootout. I think I posted the movie on the forum before in a much earlier thread that I think dealt with the 10mm round.
The movie was "In the Line of Duty: The F.B.I. Murders (1988)" , made two years after in happened. IDMB link below.

Great post Anni. I was totally unaware of this incident until I watched a made for TV movie on this crime and shootout. I think I posted the movie on the forum before in a much earlier thread that I think dealt with the 10mm round.
The movie was "In the Line of Duty: The F.B.I. Murders (1988)" , made two years after in happened. IDMB link below.

Yep, that was a good movie, a few years back Massad Ayoob wrote a good article on this in American Handgunner magazine.

Here are a couple of additional links

There's actually a few interesting links incorporated in the original link you posted as well.

The tactics then and now are a lot different.

Yes, and partially because of this incident.

Still, the agents grossly underestimated their target's will and ability to fight, assumed that things would go their way, and paid the price for it.

It was a huge failure on the FBI's part. The fact any of the agents survived is testament to their training and fortitude.

Additionally, this writeup continues the false narrative that “it was an ammunition failure”.

That 115gr Silvertip did NOT fail—it did PRECISELY what it was designed to do—expand robustly and stop inside the body, preventing overpenetration. The FBI didn’t consider 12” to be the minimum penetration depth until after this event...

Yes, and partially because of this incident.

Still, the agents grossly underestimated their target's will and ability to fight, assumed that things would go their way, and paid the price for it.

It was a huge failure on the FBI's part. The fact any of the agents survived is testament to their training and fortitude.
Sounds just like Waco, Texas and the compound

Back