testtest

$2,700 each for tail-lights?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

Thieves Keep Stealing Ford Super Duty Taillights So Now There’s an Anti-Theft Kit

1727915458438.png

WTH?

giphy (45).gif

Last edited:
Its a ford thing.
Dads 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 coupe had all the tail lights, badges and hood “vent” under the windshield stolen a bunch.
They were $$$ and thieves took them to resell.
Stole them from us 3x before dad switch cars between what was in garage and in driveway

most stolen cars 2024 - two links

maybe it's just me but who the heck would steal those tiny japanese/korean cars? A truck you can do something with.

maybe it's just me but who the heck would steal those tiny japanese/korean cars? A truck you can do something with.
Hood rats and dopers. Because you can steal them with a thumb drive.

$2,700? For a taillight?????????????? I paid less than that for my last truck and ran it for 10+ years. Now I remember why I didn't buy another truck.

How much meth does one light get you! You’re a crackhead for buying a Ford and then a meth head steals your lights. The world is so unfair.

When you buy German cars the only people who steal from you are the people who made your car!
Saying that people who buy Ford’s are crackheads is a MORONIC Statement, I look forward to see someone pulling an RV with a Porsche.

we need to also consider the rear-end accidents that cause the tail lights to get damaged.

or any other sort of way the tail lights get damaged.

this drives up the need for parts, with body shops that are run by a syndicated clan.

at one time, when i had my garage, i had a few owners of pick up trucks, that wanted me to install simple padlocks with a hasp inside the bed to lock up the tailgate.

tailgate theft was a big deal way back then, as it was so easy to remove..

nowadays, many pick ups have locking tailgates, and best advice anyone can take is "always lock up your vehicle"

There is currently an "epidemic" in Colorado Springs of people's stealing Kias and driving them into gun shops and vape shops and maybe pawn shops and then burglarizing the shop.

There is currently an "epidemic" in Colorado Springs of people's stealing Kias and driving them into gun shops and vape shops and maybe pawn shops and then burglarizing the shop.
in the old days, any car could have the ignition popped, and a flat tipped screwdriver would be used, to turn the inner lock to start.

on the Hyundai cars, that inner lock is rather large, so a flat tipped screwdriver may not work as well..

so for the Hyundai cars, that's where the plug ends of a USB cable works best..its wide enough to fit that inner lock

Grandson (Cop) told me last year that the Kia’s were the most popular with theives because they are easiest to steal-seems that there is a way to just pop the plastic cover behing the steering wheel and start ‘em up.😳

Back