testtest

How to Shoot a 1911 — Beginner’s Guide to the Iconic Pistol

The point about not releasing the slide catch to re engage the slide reminded me of what n00bs do with revolvers. They watched movies where the "hero" reloads the cylinder, then flips the cylinder back into the frame to look cool. No serious revolver user would do that. You always use two hands to put the reloaded cylinder back into the frame lest you damage the crane. my two cents.

about that idiot mark on reassembling. I have them but have learned since then how not to make them. I guess at this point the magic marker gets used to cover it up but would like something more permanent.
i use Birchwood Casey liquid i got from walmart..

i use it to dab onto chip marks from the ejected shell casings on the slide, on all my "blued/black guns"

i cannot say i have any "idiot scratches" on my slides, cuz i use a plastic sheet thin as a credit card, but anything super thin can be used, even your drivers license. i'd not spend money online for any such piece of plastic, you'll pay more for shipping than the price of the plastic.

i use Birchwood Casey liquid i got from walmart..

i use it to dab onto chip marks from the ejected shell casings on the slide, on all my "blued/black guns"

i cannot say i have any "idiot scratches" on my slides, cuz i use a plastic sheet thin as a credit card, but anything super thin can be used, even your drivers license. i'd not spend money online for any such piece of plastic, you'll pay more for shipping than the price of the plastic.
Yea, I used this in the past, very good product and works great!

The point about not releasing the slide catch to re engage the slide reminded me of what n00bs do with revolvers. They watched movies where the "hero" reloads the cylinder, then flips the cylinder back into the frame to look cool. No serious revolver user would do that. You always use two hands to put the reloaded cylinder back into the frame lest you damage the crane. my two cents.
Scotchbrite Maroon pads work wonders on a brushed stainless frame. Ask me how I know. 😇🙄

Ok Boomer…😎😇

Back