testtest

44 Spec/44 Mag

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Have two Ruger Super Blackhawks. A 7.5" barrel that is 45+ years old and a 10" barrel that is a year old.
Any 44 shooters and have you noticed over the years nobody stocks 44 Specials?

Have two Ruger Super Blackhawks. A 7.5" barrel that is 45+ years old and a 10" barrel that is a year old.
Any 44 shooters and have you noticed over the years nobody stocks 44 Specials?
I’ve notice that in gun shops SMSgtRod. I usually buy online in bulk from places like ‘Lucky Gunner’

I’ve notice that in gun shops SMSgtRod. I usually buy online in bulk from places like ‘Lucky Gunner’
Seems that with the sales down on Specials they are fairly costly. I have been ordering the brass and
loading my own. But, I do prefer to order factory, shoot them, then reload. Specials are fun as they
kinda pop compared to the Bam of the Mags. :rolleyes:

Seems that with the sales down on Specials they are fairly costly. I have been ordering the brass and
loading my own. But, I do prefer to order factory, shoot them, then reload. Specials are fun as they
kinda pop compared to the Bam of the Mags. :rolleyes:
Are you wanting the wheel gun or get the 10mm with more energy than the special. I saw a mention of one that loves hand cannons and I feel the same way. My S&W 629 w/ 8.375" barrel I bought in '84 was sweet. The 500 mag with max pressure at 60,000 psi compared to the 44 mag at 36,000 would have lots of muzzle blast.

I have a a c couple 44mags a Marlin Lever action and a Ruger Black Hawk. Yes ammo is hard to find but it is sure fun to shoot. Thats what these tow are for me. That Marlin is a sweet 16 and some change inch ported barrel and it is a great little rifle. You know tactical with out being tactical....real Fudd friendly.

I own a Ruger Redhawk, S&W Stealth Hunter and Colt Anaconda in 44mag. I'll sometimes shoot them with 44 Special as It's a bit cheaper and easier on the hands. 👋

I have a a c couple 44mags a Marlin Lever action and a Ruger Black Hawk. Yes ammo is hard to find but it is sure fun to shoot. Thats what these tow are for me. That Marlin is a sweet 16 and some change inch ported barrel and it is a great little rifle. You know tactical with out being tactical....real Fudd friendly.
I have a Rossi 92 in a 44 mag and 2 Marlin 1895s in 45-70. 45-70s I have are a cb and a sbl. They have a dark series that looks sweet, 5 rounds 16.25" and threaded barrel. Check it out! Now I want one, darn you Marlin!

Are you wanting the wheel gun or get the 10mm with more energy than the special. I saw a mention of one that loves hand cannons and I feel the same way. My S&W 629 w/ 8.375" barrel I bought in '84 was sweet. The 500 mag with max pressure at 60,000 psi compared to the 44 mag at 36,000 would have lots of muzzle blast.

My 454 Casull with will run 55,000 so it's no slouch. Revolver is so heavy that I don't think the recoil is
much different from a the BH 44 mag.

454 and up pretty much run the same pressures. 60k is tops I think for a standard handgun.
Although I have see some ratings for the 454 Casuall up to 65K

Back