testtest

5 Easy & Inexpensive Upgrades for your AR-15

Good post . I am relative new to the AR 15 and want to ask a few questions if I may here. I have a rifle with the carry handle standard. Ok , lets say I have it all sighted in on the money and decide to put a red dot sight on it. So I take the carry handle off and install the red dot , get it all sighted in , and shoot it for awhile. Now for whatever reason I decide to take the red dot off and reinstall the carry handle , will the sights be somewhat close or will they be way out in left field?

If the carry handle sights will be way off , would I be better off to install a flip up rear sight when I put the red dot on the rifle and sight in both at the same time?

The rifle is a Bushmaster if that makes any difference. I don't know how it could but thought I would throw that out there.

Good post . I am relative new to the AR 15 and want to ask a few questions if I may here. I have a rifle with the carry handle standard. Ok , lets say I have it all sighted in on the money and decide to put a red dot sight on it. So I take the carry handle off and install the red dot , get it all sighted in , and shoot it for awhile. Now for whatever reason I decide to take the red dot off and reinstall the carry handle , will the sights be somewhat close or will they be way out in left field?

If the carry handle sights will be way off , would I be better off to install a flip up rear sight when I put the red dot on the rifle and sight in both at the same time?

The rifle is a Bushmaster if that makes any difference. I don't know how it could but thought I would throw that out there.
You should be ok if you mount the carry handle back to the same mounting points and the sights didn't get knocked around same thing with the red dot sight. You may need to make some small adjustments but you should be close to where you were before.

Back