testtest

556 Saint Jams

brand new saint first shot. bcg closes smoothly empty but will not close on chambered round. Pulling back charging handle the extractor snapped off the rim of casing and round needs rodded out. I have tried a couple mags and a couple different brands of ammo. I have made sure chamber is clean, it doesn't appear damaged. Any ideas?

Round slid easily into chamber at entry but it doesnt appear to have seated fully. Note the edge below extractor lip

Attachments

• 20200612_213305-1.jpg
    20200612_213305-1.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 196
brand new saint first shot. bcg closes smoothly empty but will not close on chambered round. Pulling back charging handle the extractor snapped off the rim of casing and round needs rodded out. I have tried a couple mags and a couple different brands of ammo. I have made sure chamber is clean, it doesn't appear damaged. Any ideas?
Well, then how did you try a couple of mags and different brands of ammo if the extractor snapped off first shot ? How did it chamber and fire the different brands of ammo? Sounds like you need to get a broken shell extractor try the LINK https://www.amazon.com/308-broken-shell-extractor/s?k=308+broken+shell+extractor If you own an AR-15 or AR-10 you should own a broken shell extractor put it in your cleaning kit you will be glad you did. Sometimes reloads, alloy & steel case ammo will do this. My Advice is this take a photo of the broken extractor and chamber and send it to customer service explaining your problem sales@springfield-armory.com or you can call them at 1-800-680-6866.

It’s unfortunate it’s the weekend but this is definitely a situation for
Springfield Customer Service.
I would like to make one comment on an observation if I may, it looks in the picture you provide that the inner surfaces of the upper where the BCG is looks dry, if this is just the picture ok but this area should have a decent coat of oil especially during break in.
My opinion, not dripping with oil but a nice film to allow the BCG To move freely.

Back