testtest

8 Best Biometric Gun Safes: [Finger-Tested & Approved]

I got a bunch of the Sentry Biometric safes (one in each room/basement), and they all work flawlessly for me. You can program your fingerprints twice (like index finger on each hand), plus program the finger keypad buttons as well. A lot of the poor reviews of this safe are due to not “waking” the fingerprint reader first (either by swiping you finger twice (first swipe just wakes the reader) or hitting one of the finger keypads to activate the blue backlight, then swipe your finger over the reader). I bought most of mine at Home Depot for the best price at the time & they also offer the non biometric safes with just keypad for even less. Both versions also come with keys, if the batteries housed inside the safe, die.
I also have 2 Gunvault safes (double pistol keypad & biometric w/keypad (but unlike the sentry, you can’t program both the reader and keypad. It’s one or the other)). I bought it at Cabalas and you have to swipe your finger several times to get it to read (too unreliable for quick access in my opinion. I open it before bed and prop a piece of wood with a cut out placed under the latch bar to prevent accidental closure). I bought it some time ago, perhaps they gotten better since.

Tried several biometric safes before purchasing a Hornady Rapid Safe. They just wouldn't work reliably for me or the store's staff member either. Not saying they don't work well for others but, at my advanced age, my prints are pretty worn. The store staff member was older than me and had the same issue. If your looking to get one of these, test it out thoroughly before purchasing. If your prints are well defined, you'll probably have no problem.

My boxes (I also sent one to each of the kids and grandkids) are all push button opening except the one under the seat of the truck (combination).
I was not comfortable with the idea of someone getting ahold of my RFID badge and I have had issues with other fingerprint reading security systems.

My boxes (I also sent one to each of the kids and grandkids) are all push button opening except the one under the seat of the truck (combination).
I was not comfortable with the idea of someone getting ahold of my RFID badge and I have had issues with other fingerprint reading security systems.
1628203479347.png

Yea, good point, on my Nightguard safe I just have a access code for it, never entered any of the RFID badges.

Back