testtest

Another GOA Take Action Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
This US Representative (Mo Brooks), is proposing the Lawful Interstate Transportation of Firearms Act which expands the transportation protections of the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act (FOPA).
Apparently, the FOPA currently doesn't apply to ammunition, just guns. Here an excerpt from the article/action alert below.
"However, it didn’t occur to the lawmakers that repressive states would begin to arrest people who traveled through those states with ammunition, but no guns."

So please take action by urging your US representative (easy form to submit in linked article below), to join with Mo Brooks to get this introduced. (I did take action, but I'm sure my Rep. will ignore it as she sided with the other Dems, voting yes to impeach as a 1st time Representative from my State (but one could hope)..

It's great we are getting these now. I have certainly had more interaction with GOA than I have with the NRA in the past few weeks.
I concur jmcd. I was also wondering why nothing from the NRA :unsure:. I have gotten alert such as these from them before, perhaps we'll see one sometime soon.

I’m sorry to say I was never really impressed with the NRA. I’ve joined a few times over the years only to be bombarded with give us more emails. I understand what they do for gun ownership.
A consensus please is the GOA better or the same?
I'm probably not the best to ask Keystone19250, since I just became an annual member about a month ago. I joined, after information provided on this forum stated the GOA was a very good organization, and we (the forum posters), should join, as the GOA took up the fight in Virginia during the recent anti gun legislation. Several posters have stated it's better than the NRA, and the GOA has been providing a lot of email information to me since I joined. Take it for what it's worth, perhaps other posters can chime in on its benefits. I belong to the NRA as well (recent lifetime member after a discount), and belive the more groups that can take on the anti 2A movement, the better.

This US Representative (Mo Brooks), is proposing the Lawful Interstate Transportation of Firearms Act which expands the transportation protections of the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act (FOPA).
Apparently, the FOPA currently doesn't apply to ammunition, just guns. Here an excerpt from the article/action alert below.
"However, it didn’t occur to the lawmakers that repressive states would begin to arrest people who traveled through those states with ammunition, but no guns."

So please take action by urging your US representative (easy form to submit in linked article below), to join with Mo Brooks to get this introduced. (I did take action, but I'm sure my Rep. will ignore it as she sided with the other Dems, voting yes to impeach as a 1st time Representative from my State (but one could hope)..

Done Bet7.....hope others do the same, form was easy, thanks.

I wasnt involved with GOA before joining this forum. I have been an NRA annual member for many years until i switched to Life membership. For me anyway, I get the NRA's weekley publication that has some good articles on guns, ammo, various articles, but doesnt seem to have many "call for actions" if you will. If they do, there is usually a donation involved. GOA reminds me more of my state run affiliation that gives more of a heads up about something running through local channels or a topic that is being brought up through the legislature. Thats what I have noticed in my short couple of weeks with GOA. I am liking them so far.

I wasnt involved with GOA before joining this forum. I have been an NRA annual member for many years until i switched to Life membership. For me anyway, I get the NRA's weekley publication that has some good articles on guns, ammo, various articles, but doesnt seem to have many "call for actions" if you will. If they do, there is usually a donation involved. GOA reminds me more of my state run affiliation that gives more of a heads up about something running through local channels or a topic that is being brought up through the legislature. Thats what I have noticed in my short couple of weeks with GOA. I am liking them so far.
I'm with you jmcd. I've been impress with theie work so far. I also agree with you on the NRA newsletters and the NRA-ILA emails. The NRATV also had some good shows (miss Colion Noir), that I watched very often before they went off the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back