testtest

AR-15 Barrel Lengths, Explained - another article

I've never understood why so many AR guys get so passionate about their choice of barrel length. The different lengths serve different purposes. When I carried an AR as a LEO, the department issued rifles with 16" barrels. The choice wasn't made based on ballistics, it was made because rifles with 16" barrels fit best in squad car rifle racks. If someone wants to run a 10.5" or shorter barrel in their home defense gun to increase mobility, so be it. I highly doubt that the loss in energy will matter at all at self-defense distances. I'm just happy that we have so many options to choose from.

I've never understood why so many AR guys get so passionate about their choice of barrel length. The different lengths serve different purposes. When I carried an AR as a LEO, the department issued rifles with 16" barrels. The choice wasn't made based on ballistics, it was made because rifles with 16" barrels fit best in squad car rifle racks. If someone wants to run a 10.5" or shorter barrel in their home defense gun to increase mobility, so be it. I highly doubt that the loss in energy will matter at all at self-defense distances. I'm just happy that we have so many options to choose from.

I think it's like every other hobby men have ever taken up. When you run out of stuff to obsess about you start obsessing about minutae. It happens with musical instruments, cars, tools, guns, liquor, pretty much everything.

👆👆👆 this

Back