testtest

Brand New EDC: Break-In Complete & ZERO Malfunctions!

TNSteelersFan

Operator
Well, at long last I've made up for my moronic choice resulting in my PDP Pro misadventure! I broke my MR920P in yesterday with ZERO malfunctions. I used 200 rounds of NATO spec & Federal American Eagle 124 grain ammo during the process. And MAN, does this baby shoot SMOOTH as satin!!! I have a Holosun full-size EPS with 6 MOA green dot & a Streamlight TLR-1HL on it.

My next purchase is gonna be a good level 2 or 3 retention holster. I'm looking at a Safariland ALS EDC with belt slide & paddle, an Alien Gear Rapid Force level 3, a Tier 1 Concealed Centurion level 2, or a Dara level 2 for it. I'll probably end up going with either the Safariland or the Alien Gear since, with the paddle, the Safariland is easy to put on & take off, & the Alien Gear has a QD belt slide option. I can only carry open/OWB due to having an ostomy, so I want a good, secure holster for my sidearm.

My next, & last, 2 things I plan to do is get 1 more OEM G19 mag & add a +3 extension to it, & then get my trigger mod done. I'm gonna put in an Overwatch Precision minus connector & a Ranger Proof Vex shoe (discount code SD20), & then have a polish job done on all the trigger components. The stock trigger isn't TOO bad, but it's certainly not as good as the PDP Pro trigger.

As for the PDP, I know from asking that PMM plans to come out with 1 of their barrel/Micro comp combos for it, & I CERTAINLY plan on getting it when it comes out. I'll also use that opportunity (when the old comp comes off) to add a ZR Tactical captured 15# recoil spring. The half an inch of length I get back by switching from the regular comp to the Micro will make carrying it FAR easier than it has been with the standard size comp, which made my "compact" PDP Pro into a 5+ inch hand-howitzer as far as added length measured from the barrel.

Other than the Echelon & the M&P M2.0, I've yet to shoot a gun as smooth & as flat as the MR-P. Even with a full mag & the Streamlight TLR-1HL, my MR-P is NOWHERE NEAR as heavy (or long) as my PDP. Shadow Systems has nailed it with their P comp, which really is just their proprietary version of a Radian Ramjet/Afterburner. With the comp, the gun is the same size & length of a G49/MR920L, so a G17 upper on a G19 frame. The grip angle, as well as the texturing, magwell, massive beavertail & the thumb ledges all combine to make a gun that fits my hands as though it were custom-made JUST for me. I couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• 20240723_225825.jpg
    20240723_225825.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240723_225919.jpg
    20240723_225919.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Hi,

Nice rig! :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Thanks!!!! I'm ABSOLUTELY LOVING it!!!! Shoulda gotten the damned thing to begin with instead of that ridiculously snappy PDP which, even comped, is still kind of rough. Better than it was by MILES, but still rough. Plus the added length that basically turned a compact into a gun with the equivalent of a 5+ inch barrel. 🙄 I dropped A LOT of money into it. And still plan to spend more when PMM comes out with their Micro comp for it (which PMM says will be soon). At least with the Micro, as well as a ZR Tactical 15# captured recoil spring, the PDP will once again be easy to carry OWB (the only way I can carry due to an ostomy) & it'll shoot smoother.

But as for the MR-P, I couldn't have hoped for better. EXCELLENT grip angle & texture, direct-to-slide optic mount, Radian-style comp from the factory, stock magwell & Night Fission sights. And it's WAY lighter than the PDP!!! My Dara level 2 light-bearing holster has been ordered & all is right with the world!

Hi,

I have an Alien Gear OWB for when I'm drilling at the range. It works well, maybe a little bulky, but I usually IWB.

Which backstrap did you use to get the grip angle you like?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back