testtest

Browning’s BAR -

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Ask the Man who has One!

Browning’s BAR

1611430193195.png

Always liked the look of the traditional version better.

Me three! Mine is exactly like the traditional on top, in 30/06 with scope and rings almost identical to the one in the pic. I'm not generally a big fan of auto-loaders, more inclined to the bolt guns and/or single shots. 2nd choices is most often lever guns and/or pumps.

I'm a left handed shooter and try to find guns that don't eject the empty right across my line of sight. But I do have a soft spot for the Browning.

Me three! Mine is exactly like the traditional on top, in 30/06 with scope and rings almost identical to the one in the pic. I'm not generally a big fan of auto-loaders, more inclined to the bolt guns and/or single shots. 2nd choices is most often lever guns and/or pumps.

I'm a left handed shooter and try to find guns that don't eject the empty right across my line of sight. But I do have a soft spot for the Browning.
Mine is the same. Also in 30-06.

Have never held one, but have seen one. It was in the ready service armory (interior of ship) near the Quarterdeck on my third ship. I was walking by it one day and the GM's had the door open doing their thing, and I saw it in the rack. I always thought they were obsolete by then (I served aboard there '75-'79), but apparently they weren't.

My Dad said he was issued one when he first arrived in-country for the Korean War. He was a stocky 6'2", so I guess they figured he could easily handle it.

Back