testtest

Build a Better Venison Burger + Bonus

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
High in protein, low in fat, and additive free, venison provides the best raw material imaginable for a burger.

1720660809360.png

Bonus

1720660859585.png

Wild Game Burger Doesn't Have to be Dry - By Krista Holbrook
Ground game meat can seem dry compared to fatty beef that many consumers are accustomed to eating. Often, when game is commercially processed, the processor will purchase cheap pork fat to mix into the ground meat. Preferring to maintain a healthy organic product, I process all of our game meat myself. For burger or sausage, I simply grind and package the meat.

To make it more moist when cooking, I grate a slice of bread into the meat, then mix in a few tablespoons of organic olive oil and seasonings to taste. Other optional additions include cooked rice, raw beaten egg, or grated onions. A splash of milk and/or Worcestershire sauce can add additional moisture. Shape into patties, cook as desired, and enjoy a juicy burger without the added fat.

We always have venison in the freezer. I have done meatloaf with ground venison, but not regular burgers. I use venison in place of hamburger (and sometimes blended with ground pork or sausage) in most recipes. I use infused olive oils also, which can subtly enhance the flavors.

Back