testtest

car from the movies

if you had a choice(s) in a vehicle from the not so silver screen what would it be.............i have 2 choices and 1 used to be the original batmobile, but now down to 2
back to the future delorean or my top of the list.......the family truckster!
1722831612150.png
1722831679595.png
1722831427167.png

when i was working as a yardman for Ryder, then Lily Transportation (at the same customer) if you recall there was a tv show called, "The Brotherhood" i think on Showtime..??

that was filmed here in RI....they used the "Green Bar", not far from my house......

the Olneyville New York System ( a weiner eatery) is just a little further away from the Green Bar

at the one warehouse they used for inside shots, was the very one i had to drop trailers at. (for the Key Container Co. )

a stuntman was practicing driving a caddy may have been a seville, i cannot recall, and i can assure you, he tore it up, doing spin outs and slamming on the brakes..

when a teamster (that's all Hollywood hires, teamsters), asked the shows location manager if the cars any cars are for sale, he was told, "yes at full book value"......teamster said, "wow, they can be wrecks"..

"yup" he was told, "but you got yourself a famous car".....

reason why i was even there..?? i had to inform the set manager i had trailers to drop at that warehouse, and lead actor Jason Issacs and his double were standing across from me...and he's a short guy too by the way...!!!

so unless the star was the driver (and not all stars even know how to drive), you'd may not ever want a Hollywood car.

watch blooper reels, when a star gets out of a car, and it rolls forwards or backwards.....they don't know they have to put it into park..!!

Paul Newman, John Wayne, Steve Mcqueen knew how to drive, but try to find thier cars

1722858887543.png

1722858958481.png

Last edited:
Eat your hearts out…from real life!! I was a lot boy at Westward Pontiac in Phoenix for the summers of 63-64. Think GTOs, 2+2s, hot Le Mans convertibles. Had to drive customers home in their vehicles or pick up same. But have to admit, the raw power of a 421 2+2 was the best…oh, to relive those days…

no one mentioned Jim Rockford's car..

Formula Firebird...

plain, simple

Back