testtest

Carry Gun Rotation: Good or Bad?

I prefer to carry the same gun, S&W 638 in the same holster, Don Hume 1st agent, in the same place, 3 o-clock or so. OWB. Sometimes even that is not convenient/practical. Then my NAA Bugout II gets dropped in my pocket. I would be extremely reluctant to criticize someone else's carry gun system, or way. I suspect that most moderately experienced handguners could be blindfolded and be able to get one of their guns in action without thought or fumbling around Glock or 1911 instinctively, muscle memory if you prefer, no matter which you handed them. In example I can operate the safety from safe to fire on a PPK or Makarov without thought just by the "feel" of how the gun sit in my hand. I'm betting a dollar to a donut I'm not exceptional.

It really boils down to are you proficient enough with shooting A in general and B with said platform.

I k ow several that are GTG with a Glock and Revolver but wouldn’t carry a 1911 etc

There are also times where you have to dress down or go to business functions where a 5 **** J frame or Glock 43 (not 43x) is the best you can conceal

So yo make a blanket statement only a normal carry gun all the time is not really accurate to most people.

I won’t even get into if you go hiking in Montana and up to a 44 mag or Glock 10mm over a Sig 365 is t out of the normal either

Much ado about nothing. I have a bunch of carry guns. Mostly though I carry the Masada or one of the VP9s. All are similar enough in function that it doesn't make any difference. The VPs are paddle and the Masada is button, other than that it's the same. All strikers are virtually the same.

For carry positions there are 2 for me. 3:30 OWB or AIWB at 1:00.

IMO, if you take what you carry to practice with regularly, it shouldn’t matter if you change up what you carry here and there. I mean, am I really going to forget I put a G23 in my waistband this morning if I had put in a Hellcat the day before?
And even if you do they function nearly identically.

You bring up a very good point though. You need to rotate your carry guns through your training regimen as well.

It's summertime and I am little, so I go between Masada Slim and FN Reflex. In Winter I can carry VP9SK, or even the big one. I was just thinking about the M&Ps in my safe, and I used to carry those regularly. I do need to train with them again, but the three that go to the range (and I use for dry fire) are the two VP9s and the Masada.

It's summertime and I am little, so I go between Masada Slim and FN Reflex. In Winter I can carry VP9SK, or even the big one. I was just thinking about the M&Ps in my safe, and I used to carry those regularly. I do need to train with them again, but the three that go to the range (and I use for dry fire) are the two VP9s and the Masada.
Honestly I have some Shields and a few other guns that used to be in the regular rotation, but at this point I think it's going to pretty much stay like you. Masada in t-shirt weather and one of the VP9s in cooler weather.

Back