testtest

Choosing A Competition Rifle

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Choosing a rifle for competition is a fun opportunity to figure out what you like. You can build something custom or upgrade an existing stock rifle. It all starts with choosing the competition(s) that you want to participate in. Plan to try as many competitions as possible, and select the gun that’s right for you.

Choosing A Competition Rifle

Definitely a rifle to consider is the Loaded precision M1A chambered in .308. Very nice rifle and competition ready.

Definitely a rifle to consider is the Loaded precision M1A chambered in .308. Very nice rifle and competition ready.

It would be OK in the Heavy multi-gun catagory, but my National Match is best suited for Service Rifle matches.

It would be OK in the Heavy multi-gun catagory, but my National Match is best suited for Service Rifle matches.
That’s interesting you say National Match because everything in the updated Loaded Precision M1A was built and designed at the National Match level.

In looking at the Loaded Precision M1A I think it's much better suited for PRS matches.

The stock looks very ungainly for 3-Gun, and I'd have to check the CMP regs to see if it would meet them, but I'm pretty sure it won't because of the stock. Even if it was I personally wouldn't use it for Service Rifle matches because of the stock, which seems to favor optics use.

For 3-gun I'd pick my M1A Scout, but really I'd rather use my FAL PARA due to much better ergonomics and faster mag changes.

My .02

In looking at the Loaded Precision M1A I think it's much better suited for PRS matches.

The stock looks very ungainly for 3-Gun, and I'd have to check the CMP regs to see if it would meet them, but I'm pretty sure it won't because of the stock. Even if it was I personally wouldn't use it for Service Rifle matches because of the stock, which seems to favor optics use.

For 3-gun I'd pick my M1A Scout, but really I'd rather use my FAL PARA due to much better ergonomics and faster mag changes.

My .02
Currently building an FN para ... cant wait

Back