testtest

Complete Guide to Choosing Red Dot Sights

I bought a Vortex Defender a while back. I was slow to adopt any red dot, but this works and fit my Max 9 without a plate. I wish manufacturers would adopt a single standard. The plates seem like a clunky solution.
Remember when motorcycles had shifters on either side? Manf. finally decided on the left for all and it made sense.

I picked up a Leupold Delta Point for a Glock 34 Gen 5 for Dave Spaulding’s class. It’s worked pretty good that said I only use it for certain classes and still run Irons on my duty and carry guns. I don’t plan k. Switching but being I see them in classes have to be familiar so I do shoot them to stay proficient.

I wanted an Aimpoint Acro P2 but think I might do an Sig M17 for my next and if I decide to switch .feom seeing them in training classes and talking to Eric Gelhaus I think closed emitters are the best way but YMMV

Although a good article I chose the Holosun HS507C X2 for both my XDM Elite handguns, the 10mm 3.8 I carry every day and the 45 3.8 is my bedside backup.
Both Red Dot sights have proven rock solid and the one on my 10mm has held zero POI based on POA despite being Carried every day.
Great Red Dot units for the price point.

Although a good article I chose the Holosun HS507C X2 for both my XDM Elite handguns, the 10mm 3.8 I carry every day and the 45 3.8 is my bedside backup.
Both Red Dot sights have proven rock solid and the one on my 10mm has held zero POI based on POA despite being Carried every day.
Great Red Dot units for the price point.
I have the 507C GR on a Masada S and it is indeed another fine offering from HS.

I like the EPS and EPS carry a lot. They don’t have that microwave strapped to
your pistol look that so many enclosed emitters have. I run the green dot versions and they do the job extremely well. The only problem is you have to be careful with the tiny screw holding the battery caddy in. It can loosen up and fall out, along with your battery. Ask me how I know. (FYI, the screw is not the same size as the other Holosun red dots). That being said I ran an EPS in a two day intensive red dot course that involved a fair amount of abuse, including shooting in the rain and being covered in mud and it trounced the open emitters.

I find there are too many good choices on the market to confine myself to one brand and I have a sizeable collection. One of the brands I particularly like are Viridian who specialize in green dots. They are a US company but use Chinese optics. Their optics are in the same budget as Holosun and they make a pretty good SRO knock off.

I like the EPS and EPS carry a lot. They don’t have that microwave strapped to
your pistol look that so many enclosed emitters have. I run the green dot versions and they do the job extremely well. The only problem is you have to be careful with the tiny screw holding the battery caddy in. It can loosen up and fall out, along with your battery. Ask me how I know. (FYI, the screw is not the same size as the other Holosun red dots). That being said I ran an EPS in a two day intensive red dot course that involved a fair amount of abuse, including shooting in the rain and being covered in mud and it trounced the open emitters.

I find there are too many good choices on the market to confine myself to one brand and I have a sizeable collection. One of the brands I particularly like are Viridian who specialize in green dots. They are a US company but use Chinese optics. Their optics are in the same budget as Holosun and they make a pretty good SRO knock off.
When you say trounced can you be more specific ? I only ask because I have shot most of mine in the rain without any issues.

Because the rain hits the back of the glass and the emitter and causes the image to fracture. If you wipe the back of the glass you typically make things worse. With an enclosed emitter that doesn’t happen the dot stays sharp.
I haven't had that happen yet. Like you, I am not in love with the microwave on a pistol thing and I agree the EPS Carry looks pretty good. There are a couple others that seem not too horrible as well. One concern I have is how long before the seal in between the 2 pieces of glass leaks. Once that happens it's over. Like those 10 year old thermal replacement windows with argon sealed between the panes.

I haven't had that happen yet. Like you, I am not in love with the microwave on a pistol thing and I agree the EPS Carry looks pretty good. There are a couple others that seem not too horrible as well. One concern I have is how long before the seal in between the 2 pieces of glass leaks. Once that happens it's over. Like those 10 year old thermal replacement windows with argon sealed between the panes.
I’ll worry about that in 10 years. Hopefully optic technology will have made several quantum leaps by then. Look where it’s gone in the last 3 or 4. Hopefully we’ll have glasses with HUDS that let us shoot round corners. I’ll probably have to talk you into that too. Or sell you my Gen 1 set cheap! 😎😇😄

I’ll worry about that in 10 years. Hopefully optic technology will have made several quantum leaps by then. Look where it’s gone in the last 3 or 4. Hopefully we’ll have glasses with HUDS that let us shoot round corners. I’ll probably have to talk you into that too. Or sell you my Gen 1 set cheap! 😎😇😄
You need to just send me an itemized list of your inventory homey.

Back