testtest

Converting XDm in .45 to 10mm

The case base diameters are different so the bolt/breech face would be different between the two, therefore the firing pin/striker and the extractor would likely not be in alignment.

IMO you would need a 10mm specific slide assembly although there's likely no difference in the frames between the two cartridges.

The case base diameters are different so the bolt/breech face would be different between the two, therefore the firing pin/striker and the extractor would likely not be in alignment.

IMO you would need a 10mm specific slide assembly although there's likely no difference in the frames between the two cartridges.
Ah HA! Thanks, that makes sense to me. I wonder if Springfield makes a 10mm slide assembly for that model. I don't think I've seen a 10mm XDm with the 5.25 in barrel out yet as a complete package.

The XDM 10mm comes in 4.5 and 5.25 models.
I was just looking it up! Think I'm gonna see if I can buy a slide assembly from them. My carry gun has alternated between a .45 XDm and a much heavier RIA double stack 1911 in 10mm. Which one I carry is determined by availability of 10mm practice ammo. I prefer to carry the 10mm, but if I can't find relatively cheap practice ammo, I carry the .45 since I can still practice with it weekly. My last bulk order of S&B 10mm practice ammo was out of stock for nearly 4 months, so I've been carrying the .45. As an old longtime 1911 fan it hurts me to say it, but my XDm actually seems to be not only lighter, but marginally more accurate too.

I was just looking it up! Think I'm gonna see if I can buy a slide assembly from them. My carry gun has alternated between a .45 XDm and a much heavier RIA double stack 1911 in 10mm. Which one I carry is determined by availability of 10mm practice ammo. I prefer to carry the 10mm, but if I can't find relatively cheap practice ammo, I carry the .45 since I can still practice with it weekly. My last bulk order of S&B 10mm practice ammo was out of stock for nearly 4 months, so I've been carrying the .45. As an old longtime 1911 fan it hurts me to say it, but my XDm actually seems to be not only lighter, but marginally more accurate too.

SA doesn’t sell slide/barrel aftermarket components.

It would probably be more cost effective to buy a new pistol then aquire a complete upper if you could even get one. As for ammo I wish you luck trying to find decently priced 10mm or any ammo with the current panic buyers driving up the price and drying up the supply.

I love shooting my XDM 10mm with Sig elite performance ammo because it's closer to full power.

Back