testtest

Counter-Tracking: Techniques for Covering Your Tracks and Avoiding Pursuers

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
In this guide, we break down sophisticated counter-tracking techniques. Whether you're a novice or seasoned outdoorsman, we make these steps simple and easy to follow.
Remember: Escaping and evading your followers is not as easy as running away. It requires wilderness skills, like counter-tracking. Learn how to master those skills now, be prepared to use them later.

1717304679283.png

Basic stuff, but really in today’s world not one in 1000 could even survive in the sticks, much less evade😏. I always crack up when I hear folks talking about “bugging out” and “ living off the land”. With very few exceptions, East of the Mississippi there is precious little wilderness even if one had the skills and supplies-and even then just getting TO those places would be beyond most folks means in a truly EOTW situation where no gas is available on the road. The situation is a bit better out west and in Alaska, but even there few have the skills (some, but not many).

Basic stuff, but really in today’s world not one in 1000 could even survive in the sticks, much less evade😏. I always crack up when I hear folks talking about “bugging out” and “ living off the land”. With very few exceptions, East of the Mississippi there is precious little wilderness even if one had the skills and supplies-and even then just getting TO those places would be beyond most folks means in a truly EOTW situation where no gas is available on the road. The situation is a bit better out west and in Alaska, but even there few have the skills (some, but not many).
Oh, I don't know about that. Places in Kentucky, Missouri/Arkansas Ozarks are out in the sticks. Maybe not comparable in scale to the West (I'm from the West), but there is a fair amount of wilderness in my experience.

Tracks occur anywhere that isn't hard pavement, and/or a natural hard surface.

The term wilderness is relative, ranging from federally-designated wilderness, to those wildlands that aren't but appear to be by folks that are urbanized, which likely consider large state parks as a type of wilderness.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know about that. Places in Kentucky, Missouri/Arkansas Ozarks are out in the sticks. Maybe not comparable in scale to the West (I'm from the West), but there is a fair amount of wilderness in my experience.
My bad. MO and AR are west of the Miss. I'm tired been up since 430. Anyway, KY has some true wilderness areas.

My bad. MO and AR are west of the Miss. I'm tired been up since 430. Anyway, KY has some true wilderness areas.
I’ll give you there are some pretty remote places in the mountains to the east, but you’ve got to look pretty hard to get away from anyplace where signs of civilization don’t exist. If you can get there by motor vehicle to me that’s not wilderness. Wilderness access is your horse or your feet IMHO. That said most folks never go where a car or ATV can’t take ‘em. 😊

Last edited:
Back