testtest

Daniel Defense Answers the Question: Is the H9 Plagued Forever?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Did Daniel Defense resurrect a problem child? Or did the company fix the issues and make the gun the world wished Hudson Manufacturing made back in 2017?

1716819936420.png

1716819980745.png

I got word this week that my H9 was finally on its way back to me after sitting at the mothership for six months. It arrived today and when I opened the case and checked the gun I realized that it did not have the same serial number. DD sent me a brand new gun, including an H9 challenge coin that did not come with the original gun. So we’ll see. I don’t know if it’s my imagination but the trigger actually feels better than the original and this gun has the new barrel that was key to the recall. I’m really not what to even make of this. I got pretty jaded about the H9 and a six month hiatus from it didn’t do much to endear me to it. If I was to sell this as new unfired I doubt I could make back what I paid for it originally.

1726772996215.jpeg

I don't know that anyone was waiting for a DD pistol. Their purchase of another brand reveals a likely shallowness of engineering talent on staff. And it is only expected that this would lead to teething problems.

This is the first thing they have had anything but a minor role in engineering. That's a different phase of manufacturing.

I don't know that anyone was waiting for a DD pistol. Their purchase of another brand reveals a likely shallowness of engineering talent on staff. And it is only expected that this would lead to teething problems.

This is the first thing they have had anything but a minor role in engineering. That's a different phase of manufacturing.
They just bought the patent and then supposedly redesigned the entire thing. But you’re not wrong.

Just read that the new replacement Daniel H9s have a new barrel, new slide, new trigger, backstrap, and guide rod assembly. From the quick inspection I gave mine today it certainly seems built better/tighter. No rattles from slide or beavertail, which was not the case with the first batch. Who knows, maybe they'll turn the runaway train around. Don't know if I'll make the range this week, I'm laid out with Covid this week and just tested still positive after 5 days. No peace for the wicked.

Back