testtest

Defensive Shotgun Accessories: What Do You Need?

F42CBA90-B865-425E-BCD2-AFEB3E663B33.jpeg

Meh. I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it.

I don't like screw in extended tubes, I prefer high capacity shotguns to begin with. I completely disagree with the author's opinion that since he can't find any news stories where someone had to shoot more than 3 times, extension tubes ( and by proxy high capacity shotguns) are unnecessary. He eschews extension tubes by making that 3 times claim then goes on to say you should have multiple types of ammo available and a shell carrier. So rather than having them in your gun already, you should combat reload?

I do see a use for pistol grips. I trained with what they are now calling a Mossberg 500 Cruiser for many years and I can shoot pretty damn accurately from the hip without the benefit of sights. That said, I have come around to the idea that a shoulder stock/pistol grip combo ( AR type stock) is preferable for me.

I agree you need a sling, but I disagree that the authors bungee cord or a thin strip of nylon is good enough.

I have different shotguns in different locations. The one closest to my bed is a 500 that used to be a " Cruiser", but now sports a weapon light with a pressure switch and a shoulder/pistol grip stock.

"Cruiser" with a Magpul vertical grip.
vSqXOds.jpg

Before the stock change, but after the addition of the light.

EPPfIJG.jpg

After the stock switch.

mpH5FrM.jpg

1Txyqbw.jpg

After about 10 training sessions I have removed the vertical grip, other than that the above picture is the current state of the shotgun closest to me as I sleep.

Nearby, in a handy yet hidden location is a KSG25 with slugs in one tube and 00B in the other. It sports a Romeo 5 and a set of Magpul BUIS.
eX0xvbr.jpg

Off topic, but making a supplemental entry which may or may not facilitate a location change for the Mossberg is this.

jegFIuq.jpg

This message will self destruct. :)

Back