testtest

Dissecting Threat Stopping Bullets

Great article and I have to agree that most of the premium well known brands will do a great job as a self defense load. Where I will make a more judicious selection is when loading up a micro handgun like a Sig P365 or Hellcat or even a H&K P30sk and sub compacts of similar size. There is where I think we need to study the ammo more carefully.

Great article and I have to agree that most of the premium well known brands will do a great job as a self defense load. Where I will make a more judicious selection is when loading up a micro handgun like a Sig P365 or Hellcat or even a H&K P30sk and sub compacts of similar size. There is where I think we need to study the ammo more carefully.

I have found, pretty much universally, that in short barrels...go heavy. You still get penetration and some expansion, where light bullets can get iffy.

Good read.

I’ve found that the premium LE lines—HST, Gold Dot, Ranger-T, Golden Saber—or their “general public” counterparts are as good as it gets when it comes to carry ammo in most calibers.
Agreed sir. I have all my 9mms, .40 cal and .45 handguns all loaded up with Federal LE HST ammo as far as defensive rounds.

Back