testtest

do you test

do you test or just replace recoil springs after "X" amount of rounds? but what about if it's failing on rated pressure by 1 or 2 #'s that make or can make the difference! do you test or have a way to test spring with it assembled? well i do after getting to know how springs are rated as in are they listed as pressure when at ejection length or at battery lengths. from my finding the springs are or can be tested for pressures at 1" from/out of battery. place gun in a sturdy manner, place gauge behind grip and pull forward for readings. most guns will have a less than 18# spring as most are 14-16# factory rated. although this gauge only goes to 8# i do have a digital that goes higher.

Attachments

• 20240716_210815.jpg
    20240716_210815.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
do you test or just replace recoil springs after "X" amount of rounds? but what about if it's failing on rated pressure by 1 or 2 #'s that make or can make the difference! do you test or have a way to test spring with it assembled? well i do after getting to know how springs are rated as in are they listed as pressure when at ejection length or at battery lengths. from my finding the springs are or can be tested for pressures at 1" from/out of battery. place gun in a sturdy manner, place gauge behind grip and pull forward for readings. most guns will have a less than 18# spring as most are 14-16# factory rated. although this gauge only goes to 8# i do have a digital that goes higher.
all my guns have a low round count, at least under 5,000 at this time, for 1.

(even all that i have sold off)

i'd have to go and read each owners manual to see what the recommendation is for replacement.

then i'd like to keep it at factory specs, if i can buy from the factory, or maybe a Wolff spring.

all my guns have a low round count, at least under 5,000 at this time, for 1.

(even all that i have sold off)

i'd have to go and read each owners manual to see what the recommendation is for replacement.

then i'd like to keep it at factory specs, if i can buy from the factory, or maybe a Wolff spring.
you should be able to parts from the factory as recoil springs are a part. if the brand of firearm doesn't produce them, they can tell you where to get what you need. that's if their cs is any good?

you should be able to parts from the factory as recoil springs are a part. if the brand of firearm doesn't produce them, they can tell you where to get what you need. that's if their cs is any good?
i tried getting recoil springs from CZ, and it was alway out of stock. so as a back up, i have Cajun Gun Works out of La? and they can be out of stock as well at times, but pound for pound, Cajun comes thru.

i only bought the recoils springs, t keep them on hand, rather than to in the future have to wait a long time for back orders to be filled.

in fact, i have quite a few CZ parts in my stock, for that same reason

I used to be a maniac about replacing.

Then I decided to do a “shoot to failure”—eg, regular failures to feed, eject, etc…—to see how far I could push it.

I had a Glock 21 with over 10k rounds on the factory RSA that just kept chugging. Replaced it before I sold it out of conscience…but told the buyer they could use thevoriginal if they needed to (included it, obviously).

My original VP9 is at about 7k on the original RSA.

My Baer got spring replacement at 2k as per manufacturer’s suggestion; both recoil & firing pin.

*shrug*

I’m not going to make fun of anyone who does it early; but I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as some people make it out to be (and, as I freely admit, I used to be one of those folks).

You do you, boo.

Back