testtest

Enclosures To Defend F-15Es From Drone Attacks Eyed At Seymour Johnson AFB

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The threat posed by lower-end drones isn’t just overseas and now a U.S. F-15E base is looking to cocoon its jets from them.

1717115775469.png

Also kind of speaks for how we’ve lost control over whose running around in OUR country. I can see Hadji and the boys striking an American base on American soil just because they can-great PR on the Islamic stage for them. God alone knows how many of these terrorists are running loose HERE since the border is wide open.

My additional concern is continental air defense against ballistic missiles. Parking Scuds or advanced variants or other missiles south of the border could wreak havoc on critical infrastructure and they would not have to go that far. Example, oil and gas refineries around Corpus Christi. As far as I can tell from NORAD's website it appears our air defense is solely based on fighters.

So, while we have been selling and training Saudi Air Defense Forces on Patriot (they've helped us in the conflict in the Red Sea)

What is it exactly have we been doing for our country?

That's not the drone defense they're looking at , but the standard non-hanger outdoor enclosure that is used to support tarp-type coverings, as per the pic in the article you didn't read.

My additional concern is continental air defense against ballistic missiles. Parking Scuds or advanced variants or other missiles south of the border could wreak havoc on critical infrastructure and they would not have to go that far. Example, oil and gas refineries around Corpus Christi. As far as I can tell from NORAD's website it appears our air defense is solely based on fighters.

So, while we have been selling and training Saudi Air Defense Forces on Patriot (they've helped us in the conflict in the Red Sea)

What is it exactly have we been doing for our country?
Even the NORAD/DEW line as deteriorated, but the US & Canada are planning to revitalize it.

There are ABM installations in Alaska & CA for limited protection against N. Korean ICBMs.

Unless Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Haiti/Dominican Repub, and Jamaica get Scuds/MRBMs we don't have to worry about those, but its cruise missiles that can be launched from a distance from a cargo ship. The only SAMs are the NASAMS battery in the DC area.

But, then again the Chicoms can just fly balloons over the whole country.

I've always though that the many Ticonderoga cruisers that are decommissioned could be placed around key areas as static AEGIS sites since they're materially worn out, but their AEGIS systems could still be manned by the Navy Reserve and for training new personnel before they're assigned to deployable Burkes.

Last edited:
Also kind of speaks for how we’ve lost control over whose running around in OUR country. I can see Hadji and the boys striking an American base on American soil just because they can-great PR on the Islamic stage for them. God alone knows how many of these terrorists are running loose HERE since the border is wide open.
They probably own a farm next to the base, we are so stupid!

Even the NORAD/DEW line as deteriorated, but the US & Canada are planning to revitalize it.

There are ABM installations in Alaska & CA for limited protection against N. Korean ICBMs.

Unless Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Haiti/Dominican Repub, and Jamaica get Scuds/MRBMs we don't have to worry about those, but its cruise missiles that can be launched from a distance from a cargo ship. The only SAMs are the NASAMS battery in the DC area.

But, then again the Chicoms can just fly balloons over the whole country.

I've always though that the many Ticonderoga cruisers that are decommissioned could be placed around key areas as static AEGIS sites since they're materially worn out, but their AEGIS systems could still be manned by the Navy Reserve and for training new personnel before they're assigned to deployable Burkes.
Yes, things have deteriorated. As a kid we would go on Sunday drives and sometimes managed to see Nike-Hercules batteries up out of the ground on drills. Our Boy Scout troop would sometimes camp out near a DEW installation about 30 mi east of town. The Nikes have gone away the last I saw West Germany had them into late 70s early 80s I think. I would assume the DEW station went away a long time ago.

When you say ABM are you referring to Sprint and Spartan or something newer?

The issue of neighbors getting MRBMs is key. They know the gap and so far we have been unwilling to control our own borders much less commit to interdicting shipments of the weapons or components or defending our own territory.

The guided missile cruisers/destroyers have been employed at the Imperial City Navy Yard' at least when I worked there. They also had Patriots stationed nearby. Don't know if they are still there.

Yes, things have deteriorated. As a kid we would go on Sunday drives and sometimes managed to see Nike-Hercules batteries up out of the ground on drills. Our Boy Scout troop would sometimes camp out near a DEW installation about 30 mi east of town. The Nikes have gone away the last I saw West Germany had them into late 70s early 80s I think. I would assume the DEW station went away a long time ago.

When you say ABM are you referring to Sprint and Spartan or something newer?

The issue of neighbors getting MRBMs is key. They know the gap and so far we have been unwilling to control our own borders much less commit to interdicting shipments of the weapons or components or defending our own territory.

The guided missile cruisers/destroyers have been employed at the Imperial City Navy Yard' at least when I worked there. They also had Patriots stationed nearby. Don't know if they are still there.
GMDs at Ft. Greely & at Vandenberg AFB.

A big mistake not to re-purpose the Tico's that are out-of-service/going out of service.

Back