testtest

First Jeep Badge of Honor came in, and new fenders

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
So today’s mod is actually fixing the damage from getting my first trail of honor badge. We drove from Alabama to South Carolina to visit Gulches offroad park. It was wet and muddy and we attempted to go up a steep hill. I wanted to go right, gravity wanted me to ho left and kiss a tree. I ended up tearing off the driver wheel fender, loosing a turn signal as well. Yes it did suck, but it was bound to happen. If you use your 4x4 as intended, boo boos happen. The fenders were on the list to replace anyway.

I ordered some KBD high clearance flares with integrated led lights. They were actually really easy to replace and plug right into the factory turn signal/DRL. I love how much smaller they are compared to the factory. Now I can fit some 40’s and still have full flex.

Next up, in todays mail I received my first Badge of honor. Actually this is my 3rd one, but the first two trails are back ordered but should come in soon. My goal was at least one badge trail before the end of summer, so I am on a good start.

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7107.jpeg

IMG_7104.jpeg
IMG_7105.jpeg

So today’s mod is actually fixing the damage from getting my first trail of honor badge. We drove from Alabama to South Carolina to visit Gulches offroad park. It was wet and muddy and we attempted to go up a steep hill. I wanted to go right, gravity wanted me to ho left and kiss a tree. I ended up tearing off the driver wheel fender, loosing a turn signal as well. Yes it did suck, but it was bound to happen. If you use your 4x4 as intended, boo boos happen. The fenders were on the list to replace anyway.

I ordered some KBD high clearance flares with integrated led lights. They were actually really easy to replace and plug right into the factory turn signal/DRL. I love how much smaller they are compared to the factory. Now I can fit some 40’s and still have full flex.

Next up, in todays mail I received my first Badge of honor. Actually this is my 3rd one, but the first two trails are back ordered but should come in soon. My goal was at least one badge trail before the end of summer, so I am on a good start.

View attachment 40545

View attachment 40546

View attachment 40547View attachment 40548
well first, yours looks GREAT, and second, i am certain that you actually DO go into the woods, rock climbing, and anything else

i live in the city, and around the corner from where i live, there are these 2 mooks, that have Jeeps all decked out, but they are never dirty. i think the only "climbing" they do are the speed bumps in the streets we have.....(many cities now have street speed bumps)...

and yeah, maybe the shopping malls....

maybe they need the decked out Jeeps for the drive-by shootings, so they can climb the curbs and drive on the sidewalks..????

well first, yours looks GREAT, and second, i am certain that you actually DO go into the woods, rock climbing, and anything else

i live in the city, and around the corner from where i live, there are these 2 mooks, that have Jeeps all decked out, but they are never dirty. i think the only "climbing" they do are the speed bumps in the streets we have.....(many cities now have street speed bumps)...

and yeah, maybe the shopping malls....

maybe they need the decked out Jeeps for the drive-by shootings, so they can climb the curbs and drive on the sidewalks..????
Jeep as a getaway vehicle can go anywhere…..slowly. Like the stickers say if was meant to go fast it wouldn‘t be shaped like a brick.

Jeep as a getaway vehicle can go anywhere…..slowly. Like the stickers say if was meant to go fast it wouldn‘t be shaped like a brick.
well, in my "hood" many make a "fast getaway", so a jacked up jeep wouldn't do any good, especially rounding the corners, with the police close behind.

that's why what i see here, are "safe queens".........

well, in my "hood" many make a "fast getaway", so a jacked up jeep wouldn't do any good, especially rounding the corners, with the police close behind.

that's why what i see here, are "safe queens".........
The vast majority of Jeeps ( face it, these aren't actually Jeeps, they are Chryslers) are NOT meant to go off road at all. My ex brother in law bought a brand new Jeep Cherokee many years ago. It came from the factory with "Sport" decals on the sides of it. We took it to some camping property I used to own in Fulton, Missouri by the Nuclear power plant. He did a few doughnuts in a mud hole. Nothing treacherous or anywhere near as "Off road" as what XDMan is doing with his. Just maybe 6 doughnuts in a shallow mudhole. On the way back home his "Jeep" wouldn't shift out of 3rd gear. He took it to the dealer and they informed him he had just voided his warranty by taking it off road. Mud had gotten all over the undercarriage and ended up in cracks and crevices it wasn't supposed to be in.

Anyway, 98% of the "Jeeps" you see on the road will never see dirt and would NOT perform admirably off roading.

I used to have a '79 CJ-5 with a .302. That thing would climb a wall.

The vast majority of Jeeps ( face it, these aren't actually Jeeps, they are Chryslers) are NOT meant to go off road at all. My ex brother in law bought a brand new Jeep Cherokee many years ago. It came from the factory with "Sport" decals on the sides of it. We took it to some camping property I used to own in Fulton, Missouri by the Nuclear power plant. He did a few doughnuts in a mud hole. Nothing treacherous or anywhere near as "Off road" as what XDMan is doing with his. Just maybe 6 doughnuts in a shallow mudhole. On the way back home his "Jeep" wouldn't shift out of 3rd gear. He took it to the dealer and they informed him he had just voided his warranty by taking it off road. Mud had gotten all over the undercarriage and ended up in cracks and crevices it wasn't supposed to be in.

Anyway, 98% of the "Jeeps" you see on the road will never see dirt and would NOT perform admirably off roading.

I used to have a '79 CJ-5 with a .302. That thing would climb a wall.
that's the thing, the older jeeps WERE made for off roading. i cannot "see" a brand new jeep (anything) going into the woods and getting scratched up, when the sticker pricing is at or about $60,000.

true off roaders buy the older stuff, or build thier own off roading rigs, such as Ian on the Motor Trend tv show.

i cannot recall his shows name, i stopped watching it when Jessie Combs left, then sadly died in an accident.

combs-eagle-1567001765.jpg

that's the thing, the older jeeps WERE made for off roading. i cannot "see" a brand new jeep (anything) going into the woods and getting scratched up, when the sticker pricing is at or about $60,000.

true off roaders buy the older stuff, or build thier own off roading rigs, such as Ian on the Motor Trend tv show.

i cannot recall his shows name, i stopped watching it when Jessie Combs left, then sadly died in an accident.

combs-eagle-1567001765.jpg
Jeeps haven't been actual Jeeps since before AMC bought the brand. Although I will concede that AMC made Jeeps were still designed for off roading. The real decline was when Chrysler bought AMC.

Jeeps haven't been actual Jeeps since before AMC bought the brand. Although I will concede that AMC made Jeeps were still designed for off roading. The real decline was when Chrysler bought AMC.
yeah and back then, they only really wanted the jeep label.

Back