testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Vickers Tactical Master Class 1911

Totally great looking gun In many aspects however I’m not sure about the look of the magazine sticking out the bottom of the grip, it looks, incomplete. Perhaps a sleeve?
It’s no doubt Springfield Armory makes impressive firearms however as much as this gun has its place in the 1911 market for me $1,500.00 for a handgun is outside of my budget.

That being said another great article by the Annihilator.

Totally great looking gun In many aspects however I’m not sure about the look of the magazine sticking out the bottom of the grip, it looks, incomplete. Perhaps a sleeve?
It’s no doubt Springfield Armory makes impressive firearms however as much as this gun has its place in the 1911 market for me $1,500.00 for a handgun is outside of my budget.

"...I’m not sure about the look of the magazine sticking out the bottom of the grip, it looks, incomplete. Perhaps a sleeve?"

Agree. Even if just a short sleeve to cover the bare metal showing. Granted, the bottom looks "engineered" for improved/speedy grip, but cover the exposed metal for a better "fit & finish" appearance. Still a damn nice looking pistol though. 👍😎

"...I’m not sure about the look of the magazine sticking out the bottom of the grip, it looks, incomplete. Perhaps a sleeve?"

Agree. Even if just a short sleeve to cover the bare metal showing. Granted, the bottom looks "engineered" for improved/speedy grip, but cover the exposed metal for a better "fit & finish" appearance. Still a damn nice looking pistol though. 👍😎
Totally agree.

That’s sweet. A magwell would fix that issue with the bottom of the mag showing along with getting mags with smaller or no bumper pads.

I agree about the look of the mag... but I believe the descrip of the gun on Spgfld website says something about it having bumpers (?) or being extended or whatev... I’d bet regular mag (ex: MecGar) would fit flush. Or my Ronin mag.
From the looks of the ones included, I almost expected it to say 9+1 or 10+1 Or something...

I agree about the look of the mag... but I believe the descrip of the gun on Spgfld website says something about it having bumpers (?) or being extended or whatev... I’d bet regular mag (ex: MecGar) would fit flush. Or my Ronin mag.
From the looks of the ones included, I almost expected it to say 9+1 or 10+1 Or something...

Definitely not a 10, they extend a good couple inches.

Look at Wilson 8 rounders, you’ll see the same thing...it's for reliability, also so that under some circumstances, you need to be able to get a grip on the mag and rip it out...and flush mags or a “high-speed“ magwell prevents that from happening.

Those are 8 round mags provided with the gun. Looking at a magwell on this pistol with the right length bumper pads, which come in different sizes, would be ideal as a magwell is used to speed up reloading and “guide” your mags in the grip. Any thoughts of a stuck mag with a magwell would be solved with a longer bumper pad that was below the magwell and the fact the magwell flares out allows the user to reach up and still grab the base of the mag.

Back