testtest

Flash hider for scout /squad

I have recently bought a scout /squad and I guess I bought the New York compliant which does not have a flash hider so I’m trying to find out what I have to do to put one on my rifle and any recommendations for fh or for a muzzle break either one would be appreciated as well as what needs to be done to the rifle to put one on it

I have recently bought a scout /squad and I guess I bought the New York compliant which does not have a flash hider so I’m trying to find out what I have to do to put one on my rifle and any recommendations for fh or for a muzzle break either one would be appreciated as well as what needs to be done to the rifle to put one on it
Is the barrel threaded? If not, I'm not aware of any bolt on flash riders. As far as a muzzle brake, I have had good luck with

I have one on a .300 Win Mag and it reduces felt.recoil to .243 Winchester levels.

The barrel is not threaded that was where my issue was but I will look into the muzzle breaks that would suffice for my needs in both ways I think thanks for the info

The barrel is not threaded that was where my issue was but I will look into the muzzle breaks that would suffice for my needs in both ways I think thanks for the info
Is the barrel just a plain end like a deer rifle?
If its a plain barrel, you’ll have to have a gunsmith thread it for you.

Or is it pinned and welded with another muzzle device on it ?
Have a pic you can share?

Is the barrel just a plain end like a deer rifle?
If its a plain barrel, you’ll have to have a gunsmith thread it for you.

Or is it pinned and welded with another muzzle device on it ?
Have a pic you can share?
This.

Even if it does have a muzzle device (SA calls it a brake, I think), it’s gonna be pinned and welded…

Honestly? OP, you’d be better off selling yours and getting the exact one you want. Probably save money in the long run.

Well after visiting a gunsmith here locally he said that he can’t thread it to 5/8 24 i think is the thread for 308 cause the barrel is not thick enough so I guess I’ll just have to live with it its really killed my excitement for the rifle don’t really know what to do now

This.

Even if it does have a muzzle device (SA calls it a brake, I think), it’s gonna be pinned and welded…

Honestly? OP, you’d be better off selling yours and getting the exact one you want. Probably save money in the long run.
Yea I hate to say it but u might be right I won’t be able to afford another one so might just get rid of it

Back