testtest

For BellaD

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
@belladonna

Three Canadian Starfighters ;)

The Royal Canadian Air Force had some 200 CF-104s build under license by Canadair in the 1960s. These formed an incredible 8-squadron commitment of the 1st CAD (Canadian Air Division) to the NATO standing air forces in Western Europe that included arming these rocket-ships with U.S.-supplied atomic bombs for if the balloon went up for real (go ahead and try to get 8 squadrons of anything from NATO these days!). By 1970, however, with defense cuts coming, these 8 squadrons were reduced to just three.

However what a beautiful three they were.

1718122274435.png

I think those were what the Snowbirds used to fly when they performed by Sarnia back in the 80s when we used to watch them from Port Huron across the river.
Revell, I think, gave the option of building the red one in one of their F104 model kits…
I built a Revell and Monogram aircraft models in 1:72 scale and a few in 1:48.

Prob over 100 before I went to college

The Belgian Air Force aerobatic team consisting of a pair of F-104G Starfighters.

The Italians did aerobatic demonstrations with F-104s.

The Belgian Air Force aerobatic team consisting of a pair of F-104G Starfighters.

The Italians did aerobatic demonstrations with F-104s.

Although I worked flight lines during international exercises, and the fly boys were allowed to show off back then, I never had the chance to see foreign aerobatic teams perform. I would have LOVED to see the F-104 perform.

Back