testtest

garden thread 2024

Old_Me

SAINT
our first eggplant of the 2024 season.

a tad over 1 pound.

it is a male, so there will be more seeds than the female

1721131350213.png

later in the summer, i make an eggplant lasagna, and that depends on how many we get.....this year, i only planted 1 plant, so i might end up with 8 to 10 total.

i'll need at least 2 for that lasagna

i've tried eggplant a number of times with no real luck. same with peppers. zucchini on the other hand... geez. i can't give them away fast enough.
i'll send you my address so you can send me some of that lasagna. thanks, in advance!

If we eat a female eggplant, will we want to attend all the local drag queen shows? don't think we have any around here. i could be wrong. but i need to know how to identify one so that will never happen, but on the other hand are we gay if we eat the male ones. i'm so cornfused. :eek:

yeah, i know, male/female.....sounds like BS, but one (the male) has more seeds than the female.

both taste great..

i actually found out about the male/female differences years ago, when i inquired about why one has more seeds and the other, practically none.

here is a pic...the one on the left is the male...

the one on the right......well...........you'll see why it's a female..

1721139806190.png

yeah, i know, male/female.....sounds like BS, but one (the male) has more seeds than the female.

both taste great..

i actually found out about the male/female differences years ago, when i inquired about why one has more seeds and the other, practically none.

View attachment 62451
Awesome, i never knew that. thanks.

i've tried eggplant a number of times with no real luck. same with peppers. zucchini on the other hand... geez. i can't give them away fast enough.
i'll send you my address so you can send me some of that lasagna. thanks, in advance!
i have great luck with eggplants and tomatoes.

right now, i have red bell peppers, right now, they are green, but will turn red later...i usually have shite luck with peppers, however, the long Italian peppers or cubanelle will grow prolific...

i did lay down blood and bone meal this springs, for the nitrogen and other needed minerals,

i tried squash, but i got lots of flowers (edible), but hardly any squash...

string beans grows like wild for me too, but none plated this year.

both taste great..

View attachment 62451
learned something new today.

both taste great..

View attachment 62451
Makes me want to go grow something now……..🤪🤪🤪🤪

this is a very old pic, i do not know the year.......again, my garden is 15' x 15'

the aborvate borders the garden..

then there is a row of string beans.

then eggplant, with green bell peppers,

then tomatoes

i really jammed everything in there.

so much so, in the upper left corner..??

a 5 gallon pail with a tomato plant....

1721140454099.jpeg

this is a very old pic, i do not know the year.......again, my garden is 15' x 15'

the aborvate borders the garden..

then there is a row of string beans.

then eggplant, with green bell peppers,

then tomatoes

i really jammed everything in there.

so much so, in the upper left corner..??

a 5 gallon pail with a tomato plant....

View attachment 62452
that is a fantastic garden! so much in a small area. nice.

Back