testtest

Glock 17 vs Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Comparison

having the gen4 17 and 1.0 9mm myself, i'd take the s/w due to ss mags. i like the sights better on the 17 and trigger comparisons are abut the same (so-so). i haven't tried the enhanced glock trigger, but the 2.0 isn't much different than the 1.0 to me. the flat-faced trigger 2.0 is the improvement as it's the performance (pc) trigger.

i have the m&p9 and like it very much after swapping out the trigger for an Apex and adding night sights. I've shot the 17 and thought it was fine but like the grip and grip angle of the m&p better. personal preference.
i think it's like comparing a toyota to a nissan at this point.

well i can say that i liked my 45 ACP G-21, but i really like my MP 2.0 much more

seems (to me) to handle recoil much better.

best advice to any new shooter, is to see if you can rent what guns appeal to you, run at the very least 50 rounds thru them.

however too, remember that rental guns have been well past any "break-in point" and will be "looser" than brand new stiff out of the box.

Carried both for duty. If nothing goes wrong then both are great. If you are picking one up and want to do anything.... like night sights, a trigger upgrade or similar then get a Glock.

I say this because the rear sight on an M&P holds parts in place(?) while the Glock's cheap plastic just needs to be removed. You need a special tool (a small piece of plastic) to reinstall the trigger while the Glock requires you to move around the slide lock lever until it lines up. The front sight is put on by the Incredible Hulk when he is very, very angry which makes you very angry when you are beating on it (maybe a little) with a hammer and a brass punch while the Glock just unscrews. The takedown lever retaining wire is a separate $10 (minimum, not including shipping) part while the the part that does the same thing on a Glock cannot pop out and go missing making you search for hours for a magnet that might (won't) find the oddly bent staple gun staple causing you to buy one off of eBay.

Also:
  • There is much more aftermarket support for Glocks
  • Mags are cheaper and more plentiful. It is easier
  • Most pistol caliber carbines offer "Glock" magwells, even those from Ruger and S&W
  • Glocks are easier to work on (as mentioned above)
  • Normally when you swap out the trigger on an M&P you end up with a "Glock style" trigger
  • Customer service from Glock is (for me) so much better than Smith's

As far as personal taste goes.... pick CZ.

damn front sight!!! Hulk smash!!!
1725581007154.png

Carried both for duty. If nothing goes wrong then both are great. If you are picking one up and want to do anything.... like night sights, a trigger upgrade or similar then get a Glock.

I say this because the rear sight on an M&P holds parts in place(?) while the Glock's cheap plastic just needs to be removed. You need a special tool (a small piece of plastic) to reinstall the trigger while the Glock requires you to move around the slide lock lever until it lines up. The front sight is put on by the Incredible Hulk when he is very, very angry which makes you very angry when you are beating on it (maybe a little) with a hammer and a brass punch while the Glock just unscrews. The takedown lever retaining wire is a separate $10 (minimum, not including shipping) part while the the part that does the same thing on a Glock cannot pop out and go missing making you search for hours for a magnet that might (won't) find the oddly bent staple gun staple causing you to buy one off of eBay.

Also:
  • Most pistol caliber carbines offer "Glock" magwells, even those from Ruger and S&W
  • Normally when you swap out the trigger on an M&P you end up with a "Glock style" trigger

depends on the model about what rear site type it is. core models don't have that issue

I have had S&W M&Ps since they first came out. I still have a 1.0 from 2007. M&Ps point and shoot better for me than Glocks I did get a 4 star rating at a Glock Operator course so I’m on with Glocks but I really really shoot and like M&Ps better

I have carried a Hlock in duty and really like the Glock 45 in9mm.

Where Glock is hard to beat is the factory armorer support. You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a Glock Armorer.

Also as Glock has a good training program where S&W academy is long gone and unless you have an LE or store/dealer connection finding an armorer class can be challenging

That said S&W has a great customer service and a simple phone call you can often get parts for no charge.

It really comes down to personal preference but you should have a couple of each for a rainy day gun!!!

I'm a fan of both. Either is a good mid range choice. btw the glock also provides different backstraps.
M&P 2.0 models have interchangeable backstraps.

Also:

To each his/her own. Own several M&P 2.0 pistols have had no problems with any of them. Also need to factor in the ugliness of Glocks. (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Back