testtest

Gun guy movies redeaux

Sld1959

Hellcat
How might you change a favorite gun guy movie for today?

Ok one of my favorites is Bullitt. Hard to change but if I had to let's see. As I see it there are three main attractions to the movie.

Steve McQueen is Frank Bullitt, period. It is like the part was written for him. Cool, smooth, understated, I dont see anyone else as Bullitt, so we need a time machine or clone. Daniel Craig might could pull it off but I want Mcqueen.

THE MUSTANG, quite simply it is one of the few iconic cars that has its own name. It even was the key of one of the largest and longest car mysteries in history. Say Bullitt Mustang and even non car people know what you are talking about and know it was missing for like 30 years. No way you can change that.

Colt Diamondback customized with Detective grips, in the suede upside down holster. Ok, if you gotta, this might be where you do a change.. I could see Bullitt still carrying this even today, it and he are that cool. But if he did change it would have to be somethibg special, cool, unique. So let's say he went 9mm auto, no mere Glock, or any other poly pistol for Frank Bullitt. He would have something with panache. So let's say, Wilson EDC X9 in a custom leather shoulder rig, no poly holster for him.

How's that?

Ok ok, a fourth attraction would be hard to replace, Jacqueline Bisset was easy one the eyes...

Everything else, modernize no problems.

Last edited:
Jason Statham as Bullitt

Charlize Theron as the girl

maybe a Tesla on auto pilot so he can lean out the drivers door and shoot.??? (j/k)
a Dodge with a Hell Cat

a NHC in 10 MM, with 30 rd mags?

the bad guys would have to have a Dodge with the Hell Cat as well.

and instead of a dinky, dank apartment, a high rise condo.

Jason Statham as Bullitt

Charlize Theron as the girl

maybe a Tesla on auto pilot so he can lean out the drivers door and shoot.??? (j/k)
a Dodge with a Hell Cat

a NHC in 10 MM, with 30 rd mags?

the bad guys would have to have a Dodge with the Hell Cat as well.

and instead of a dinky, dank apartment, a high rise condo.
No, not happening I my world. You can do what you want it yours lol

As much as I like Straham he's not Bullitt, too flashy. and the Tesla is downright blasphemous lol.

Last edited:
Bullit's gun would have to be something old-school and very cool.

3" Smith 66.
Colt LW Commander with hi-viz sights.
Browning P35.
Nice choices i could see them.

But in my opinion at the time in 1968 it was a pretty cutting edge revolver chosen likely in part for the extra round. If he went classic he might keep it.
I think if went pistol he would stay cutting edge , just unique.

Way of the gun.

I might have them carrying two tone Ronins in 9mm , a bit more eye catching. I would leave them with 1911s to me that was a nice choice for them compared to the body guards HKs.

Maybe change out the Galil for a Socom 16? A bit more usable indoors perhaps?

Last edited:
Some you just cannot change. Somehow I just don't see the interest if Harry Callahan used the Magnum Research BFF in 45/70 or the SW 500.

Back