testtest

Gun Stores Closing

NMEDGE

Custom
Boy, times have changed! The gun store in Ruidoso New Mexico closed recently which was about 50 miles away and at the end of October the store I worked at in Alamogordo New Mexico will also close its doors. Both these stores were for sale but no-one was interested in buying them. It seems that this part of history is changing. I wonder what it will be like 10 years from now. So, with no local stores or for that matter local gunsmiths if I need something worked on it will be a hours ride to Las Cruces NM or El Paso Texas. Who would have thought this just a few years ago. I guess they call this progress.

Local stores have a hard time making it these days competing with online retailers. While the mass of regulations put out by the current and past federal administrations are a factor for sure, mom and pop stores have to be patronized to stay in business.

Boy, times have changed! The gun store in Ruidoso New Mexico closed recently which was about 50 miles away and at the end of October the store I worked at in Alamogordo New Mexico will also close its doors. Both these stores were for sale but no-one was interested in buying them. It seems that this part of history is changing. I wonder what it will be like 10 years from now. So, with no local stores or for that matter local gunsmiths if I need something worked on it will be a hours ride to Las Cruces NM or El Paso Texas. Who would have thought this just a few years ago. I guess they call this progress.
with insurance regulations, town, city, state regulations, many businesses are suffering. some just cut thier losses and close up.

buying online does have some advantages, however, now, one must go to an FFL to get the gun.

Stores that do online sales will be protected from obsolescence. Waiting for customers to come in is unlikely to be sustainable unless they have a lot of traffic coming in that spend money.

don't forget too, that many local gun stores, also do sell online as well...mine does, they will ship nearly anywhere in the USA.

they need an online presence, which to get up a website needs to be done of course..

so that can fill in the daily local sales......

They may have left because they feared the State would be putting them out of business in the not too distant future! Maybe it's time to pull up stakes and head for a more 2A-friendly state!

don't forget too, that many local gun stores, also do sell online as well...mine does, they will ship nearly anywhere in the USA.

they need an online presence, which to get up a website needs to be done of course..

so that can fill in the daily local sales......
Most of the big online retailers started out as gun stores. Tombstone Tactical and Classic Firearms. And Sionics was a little hole-in-the-wall gun store here in Tucson. (I always had a good laugh about that, especially when someone would talk about touring the factory.)

Back