testtest

Harley went "WOKE"

Some people will do anything for attention.
I'm for merit myself, but I'm not going to make a statement by hurting myself financially. That's just stupid.
Harley big twins are kinda cool, but when they get into land barge territory, I'm not into them. My idea is more like the FX models and even they are more industrial (read heavy) than necessary.

i think it stoopit to take out one's frustration on a company, by destroying what you paid for.

just sell it, and don't buy another, seems to be more reasonable.

the CEO can be replaced by the stock holders, unless they too share his thoughts and opinions on "wokeness"

I keep seeing people say, "Harley went woke" but I can't find any actual reason why they "went woke".

I just started riding 5 years ago after retirement. I bought a big ass Harley Ultra to go cross country in, and I have 5 times now. About a year ago I traded in the big boy for a Heritage, was done with cross country riding now, so more for in state riding. Put 30k on it since purchase. Needless to say, in the 5 years I've been riding, and with both Harley's I put a lot of miles on the road... and never once was stranded on the side of the road. Never once incident or issue. Not sure where the hate is for Harley, and don't care. It's been good to me since my retirement 5 years ago.

But how exactly are they woke now. Ridiculously expensive now, but not seeing woke. Confused.

My brother used to ride BMWs, but switched to Harley some time ago. He logged over 100K miles on one without removing the heads or rebuilding. A good majority of riders do not put a lot of miles on. I see many examples of 10-15 year old bikes with under 30K miles.
I can't fault Harley for producing lower cost bikes overseas. Not all newbies can afford a luxobarge, nor do they need one.

I rode a Sportster in the 60's thst was far too fast for someone of my age. When I retired from USAF reserve 13 years ago I toyed with the idea of getting a Harley cruiser, which made Mrs Greener really nervous. (Her Dad was an ER physician). I told her I was either going to get a Harley, or a Krieghoff. She said I should get a Krieghoff. So that, my friends, is how you get yourself a Krieghoff.

I read people say that Harleys break down a lot. Perhaps, I cannot judge thrm all but my Harleys and other bikes never once left me stranded. And I never remember ever having to break out my tool kit for anything greater than a nut or bolt needing tightening.

Nobody I ever rode with ever broke down either, so I guess there are a ton of other people breaking down to cover my good fortune. Lucky in one thing at least lol.

I read people say that Harleys break down a lot. Perhaps, I cannot judge thrm all but my Harleys and other bikes never once left me stranded. And I never remember ever having to break out my tool kit for anything greater than a nut or bolt needing tightening.

Nobody I ever rode with ever broke down either, so I guess there are a ton of other people breaking down to cover my good fortune. Lucky in one thing at least lol.
Back years ago HD’s (under AMF) had some pretty serious reliability issues (and of course those who rode other brands never let them forget it). For quite a while now they’ve once again built pretty solid rides. (We used to joke about HD’s being the safest bike on the rode ‘cause you couldn’t keep ‘em running long enough to get hurt on one😊). When I was a pup for MANY years the fastest bike in our neck of the woods was a 1957 XLCH owned by a darn good HD mechanic. He would roll it into the shop behind his house each fall at the end of riding season. Nobody was allowed in, and the bike was “hidden”. In the spring it would come back, and it would be a completely different color and would have some new performance tweak,so it was quicker than the year before. He’d bought it new and it was meticulously maintained. We knew the end was near when in 68 he installed a Mikuni carb. Finally when the big Kawasaki triples came out he was beaten, but he had a Long run as top dog.

Quality declined when AMF owned them. So much so that in 1980 my department bought Kawasakis for dependability. After the Harley executives bought back the company in 81 the reputation of Harley came back and in the mid 80's/early 90's we went back to Harley and they gave good service.

Quality declined when AMF owned them. So much so that in 1980 my department bought Kawasakis for dependability. After the Harley executives bought back the company in 81 the reputation of Harley came back and in the mid 80's/early 90's we went back to Harley and they gave good service.
i had seen the Kawasaki police bikes, fast for sure..

but nothing says Police Bike, like a Harley

they just look good, cool in a police procession, whether it be for a dignitary, or funeral...the rumble as mellow as it is, cannot be beat, nor imitated.

i had seen the Kawasaki police bikes, fast for sure..

but nothing says Police Bike, like a Harley

they just look good, cool in a police procession, whether it be for a dignitary, or funeral...the rumble as mellow as it is, cannot be beat, nor imitated.
Well, the rumble is and has been imitated for a good long while now. Including by Kawasaki. Those shows like West Coast Choppers ? None of those bikes are Harleys nor do they have Harley motors.

Either way I’ll take a bike that actually runs over a Harley any day.

Well, the rumble is and has been imitated for a good long while now. Including by Kawasaki. Those shows like West Coast Choppers ? None of those bikes are Harleys nor do they have Harley motors.

Either way I’ll take a bike that actually runs over a Harley any day.
still something different from an American V-8 sound to a Japanese 4 banger sound, no amount of imitations can compare, not even Borla exhaust systems, sounds for the electric cars.

i stopped watching any bike custom show after nitwits at Orange County Choppers sickened me with the constant shop BS bickering.

Jesse James also ruined it i feel...

heck, i stopped a long time ago watching Graveyard Carz due to Marks stupid antics.

and for the record, i had 3 Japanese bikes, 1 cruiser, 2 baggers.

my last bike, a Suzuki Boulevard 805 cc's.

1723737014984.jpeg

The Harley sound is made from the 45 degree layout and the uneven firing order. Ba da bup ba da bup or potato potato, etc. The Asians copied the look but not the sound.
Back in my youth, most motorcycles leaked oil. The joke was if you didn't see a puddle, they were out of oil. Trailers and trucks were often needed as back ups when problems arose. Brit bikes shifted on the other side and were pretty quick until the arise of Japan with the Yamaha 350, Kawasaki 500, and finally the UJMs. Bikes have been pretty reliable since those days and are generally oil tight.
I stopped riding after my leg and foot went numb. I'm tempted now and then with some of the retro bikes, but the wife wouldn't be happy. Some of those big bikes are nearly 1K pounds. I would prefer something around 400 or so with a more upright riding position. We did enjoy dirt bikes for years for tooling around the desert, but those days are long gone. I commuted for years and cussed those lazy folks who didn't strap down their furniture, ladders and other hazards.

The Harley sound is made from the 45 degree layout and the uneven firing order. Ba da bup ba da bup or potato potato, etc. The Asians copied the look but not the sound.
Back in my youth, most motorcycles leaked oil. The joke was if you didn't see a puddle, they were out of oil. Trailers and trucks were often needed as back ups when problems arose. Brit bikes shifted on the other side and were pretty quick until the arise of Japan with the Yamaha 350, Kawasaki 500, and finally the UJMs. Bikes have been pretty reliable since those days and are generally oil tight.
I stopped riding after my leg and foot went numb. I'm tempted now and then with some of the retro bikes, but the wife wouldn't be happy. Some of those big bikes are nearly 1K pounds. I would prefer something around 400 or so with a more upright riding position. We did enjoy dirt bikes for years for tooling around the desert, but those days are long gone. I commuted for years and cussed those lazy folks who didn't strap down their furniture, ladders and other hazards.
Harley’s (and Brit bikes) didn’t leak-they marked their territory🙄

Purchased a new HD Sportster 1985 rode it everywhere for about 15 years with a few minor repairs. In 2001 sold the sportster bought a new HD Fatboy rode it for 17 years until medical issues forced me too part with it. Again sold the Fatboy in 2017 and purchased a Can-Am Spyder F3-S three wheeler. My Harleys never stranded me on the road, really miss them.

Back