testtest

Hellcat RDP compensator issue

Brawny

Operator
I was field stripping my Hellcat RDP to give it a good cleaning and ran into a problem. I've searched posts, and only saw questions about getting the compensator back on. My issue is I can't get it off. I press the locking lever and can turn just shy of a 1/8th turn and is freezes. I Never had a problem like this before. Before you ask, Yes to:
-I read the manual
- I was turning it counter clockwise
- I applied some Wilson Combat Ultima-lube
I'll call SA tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone else had an issue like this.

Thanks for any feedback.

as a former mechanic, i had a jar of this stuff, for times when certain nuts/bolts had to be removed, numerous times, that were in extreme places.

Loctite® Heavy Duty Anti-Seize Provides outstanding lubrication to all metals including stainless steel, aluminum and soft metals up to 2400°F (1315°C).

now, i do not know if anyone has ever used this in the shooting world.

and also, NEVER get it onto your hands or clothing, you'll have to throw away the clothing, and have a biotch of a time getting it off your hands.

but certainly, call SA in the morning.

as a former mechanic, i had a jar of this stuff, for times when certain nuts/bolts had to be removed, numerous times, that were in extreme places.

Loctite® Heavy Duty Anti-Seize Provides outstanding lubrication to all metals including stainless steel, aluminum and soft metals up to 2400°F (1315°C).

now, i do not know if anyone has ever used this in the shooting world.

and also, NEVER get it onto your hands or clothing, you'll have to throw away the clothing, and have a biotch of a time getting it off your hands.

but certainly, call SA in the morning.
I use it on ar builds and ba's also. On comps, no. Never know when it'll need to be removed, so using the right tool for the right job is always recommended. Blue thread locker is used in moderation. 1 strip down clean threads (mating surfaces only). Install, remove, clean excess off and reinstall. I don't know if it's threaded or a lug pattern, but sounds like threaded? Use a little heat all the way around for even heat to release. I usually work back and forth going from tight to release/off. Force of habit on my part that works for me.

I use it on ar builds and ba's also. On comps, no. Never know when it'll need to be removed, so using the right tool for the right job is always recommended. Blue thread locker is used in moderation. 1 strip down clean threads (mating surfaces only). Install, remove, clean excess off and reinstall. I don't know if it's threaded or a lug pattern, but sounds like threaded? Use a little heat all the way around for even heat to release. I usually work back and forth going from tight to release/off. Force of habit on my part that works for me.
well that's the thing with anti-seize, makes for easier removal.

but like i said, i don't know if it gets used much on guns.

well that's the thing with anti-seize, makes for easier removal.

but like i said, i don't know if it gets used much on guns.
manufacturers don't use it, just ask everyone that own a Rem...........those that have a barrel replaced almost has to use a 10' cheater just to remove the barrel. are you familiar with a roller clutch............i'm sure you are. most barrel vise devices don't hold the barrel tight enough without damage as they are usually used that way and the receiver is on the torque end. with a roller clutch it can handle much more torque and do so w/o damage.

Push the button extra deep, I did it one time like you described, and could not figure it out until I used a tool to assist pushing it in. Take a punch and push the locker in and then it will clear the shoulder of the barrel cut. Let us know if that works

Push the button extra deep, I did it one time like you described, and could not figure it out until I used a tool to assist pushing it in. Take a punch and push the locker in and then it will clear the shoulder of the barrel cut. Let us know if that works
i'd recommend to the o/p to get a set of brass punches/drifts, if he doesn't already have them.

i used mine a couple of times, just "saves" one from scratching the gun.

Thank you all for the feedback. I called SA today and they kindly emailed me a fedex label to send the slide back.

Then I thought, I don't want to be the guy who sends it in, only to have them try it and get it off the first time. Soooo, I tried it again and whatdya know? It came off. I guess letting the copious dose of lube soak into the threads overnight did it. Issue resolved!

Back