testtest

Hellcat Upgraded to RDP…Range Test

Lab Us

Operator
I had mentioned in another thread I was contemplating a Pro Comp. I picked up a Hellcat at the end of May already so deduced the smarter move might be to spend around $160 (warranty coupon) vice $6-700 on a new gun (.0825 sales tax, shipping, transfer). 3.8” barrel and Comp arrived from Springfield yesterday and install was so easy, even a caveman could do it…

Got to range today with the aftermarket Hellcat RDP. First time using comp. Didn’t really notice much in recoil reduction, but I’m not recoil sensitive. What I did notice was getting my MRS back on target faster. Decided to try a modified 10 dot torture just for something different. On targets below (5 ovals), I went 1-5 on first pass, then 1-5 again on same target for 6-10. Picture in between to track hits on second half. First two targets were Winchester 147g SuperX WinClean FMJ. Send set of two were Federal American Eagle 124g FMJ. Target at 3 yds + a bit to try and get to 10ft.

Been a long time since I fired one handed strong or off hand and learned pretty quickly need to do more. Was a pretty fun exercise, especially the rapid fire across dots. Have to use ready position start, no drawing.

Optic is Holosun SCS-Carry.

IMG_4484.jpeg

IMG_4492.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4487.jpeg

IMG_4488.jpeg

IMG_4489.jpeg

Hi,

Hey! That's some good stuff right there. Seems like it's working for you. Nice going!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back