testtest

Hellcat vs XD

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
Can somebody tell me whether the guide rod in the XD is common to the Hellcat? Maybe 'common' isn't the right word ..... maybe 'similar' would be a better choice of words. And if they are 'similar', are they similar enough to swap out? Anybody?

Can somebody tell me whether the guide rod in the XD is common to the Hellcat? Maybe 'common' isn't the right word ..... maybe 'similar' would be a better choice of words. And if they are 'similar', are they similar enough to swap out? Anybody?
Are they the same cartridge and barrel length? Frame width or any other similar dimensions?

Last edited:
Yeh, my problem too. If I owned an XD I'd just take it out and compare them ..... but sadly I don't have one ----- Yet!

The reason I'm asking is that earlier tonight I found a replacement guide rod for the XD that has a built in laser..... in the rod itself. Supposed to be a simple drop in. I'd love to be able to do that with my Hellcat, I think.

Yeh, my problem too. If I owned an XD I'd just take it out and compare them ..... but sadly I don't have one ----- Yet!

The reason I'm asking is that earlier tonight I found a replacement guide rod for the XD that has a built in laser..... in the rod itself. Supposed to be a simple drop in. I'd love to be able to do that with my Hellcat, I think.
You would think that company would have a comparability list? Why some don't the world will never know!

I had a xdm/osp compatibility question before and wasn't answered for sure? 10mm about using the complete slide assembly change out with a xdm precision.

Well, it appears the Hellcat is still so new to the market there's just not a lot of support out there for it yet. It's getting much better lately, but still a ways to go.

Holsters are finally getting pretty plentiful and more choices now than even a few months ago. Same for the red dot sights.

I'm hoping somebody from SA will chime in with an answer for me on the guide rod, maybe to your question too.

Well, it appears the Hellcat is still so new to the market there's just not a lot of support out there for it yet. It's getting much better lately, but still a ways to go.

Holsters are finally getting pretty plentiful and more choices now than even a few months ago. Same for the red dot sights.

I'm hoping somebody from SA will chime in with an answer for me on the guide rod, maybe to your question too.

Where did you find the laser guide rod?

As far as aftermarket support:

It is a Springfield/HS Produkt design. There will never be a ton of aftermarket support for it, just like the XD line.

If you want a pistol you can go full tinkertoy with—get a Glock, or a Sig P320.

No the guide rod's are different between the classic XD, XDM, XDS and finally the Hellcat.

The Hellcat will need a Hellcat guide rod assembly

No the guide rod's are different between the classic XD, XDM, XDS and finally the Hellcat.

The Hellcat will need a Hellcat guide rod assembly
OK, thanks, that's what I wanted to know and fully expected. But it's OK, I just thought it was a unique idea. A laser sight option is intriguing, but the ones available on the market always negatively affect many holster options.

As far as aftermarket support:

It is a Springfield/HS Produkt design. There will never be a ton of aftermarket support for it, just like the XD line.

If you want a pistol you can go full tinkertoy with—get a Glock, or a Sig P320.
Not really looking to go "full tinkertoy" on any of my firearms. Never have. Just saw this as something pretty unique and interesting. Maybe taking a closer look ........... but not a consideration now.

Back