testtest

Hellcat wins Golden Bullseye award: 2020 Handgun of the Year

That is cool, how many Springfield’s have now been named handgun of the year, including the Hellcat, the XDm was also when it came out, my XDm has the roll mark on slide that says NRA Handgun of the Year.

That is cool, how many Springfield’s have now been named handgun of the year, including the Hellcat, the XDm was also when it came out, my XDm has the roll mark on slide that says NRA Handgun of the Year.
Yes, it is cool Annihilator. Not that familiar with the XDm (although I have one in 10mm), but the link on the review of the Hellcat within the article I posted, does mention the XD's Under the topic "A New Direction". I like reading the comments & there's about 42 comments under the Hellcat review link that I just started to read. It's always interesting to see what other people think (good or bad), thus allowing an informed decision. It's interesting that the reviewer had some issues shooting from the bench that was passed on to Springfield, who had started on modifications to the magazine base plate to potentially resolve this issue.

I have no doubt that the Hellcat is a great gun. It has topped the demand in the micro compact category of pistols. However...we are only 2 months into 2020. How can any firearm get awarded Handgun of the year two months into the year? We still have 10 months left...lol

I have no doubt that the Hellcat is a great gun. It has topped the demand in the micro compact category of pistols. However...we are only 2 months into 2020. How can any firearm get awarded Handgun of the year two months into the year? We still have 10 months left...lol
From the article, here's the qualifications for the Golden Bullseye Award:

To qualify for consideration for a Golden Bullseye Award, a product must have been:
  • Recently introduced and available to consumers prior to the selection of the Golden Bullseye Awards;
  • Used/tested by a staff member or regular contributor to the magazine and/or affiliated media;
  • Reliable in the field, meeting or exceeding the evaluator’s expectations;
  • Innovative in design and function;
  • Readily perceived as a value to the purchaser; and
  • Styled in a manner befitting the shooting and hunting industry and, perhaps more importantly, its enthusiasts.
“Selected by a six-member committee consisting of editors, graphic designers and veteran NRA Publications staff, [these products] epitomize what NRA members seek in their shooting and hunting equipment—outstanding performance, innovation and value," said Doug Hamlin, executive director of NRA Publications. "Congratulations to those who have created the industry’s best new products.”

I hear what you're saying RandomHero, as I was also baffled myself at first. But I'm thinking that they look at the Guns, gear, etc. that was available in 2019, for the staff to test and evaluate, and then come out with the awards for 2020 (much like the Academy awards are held in March the year following the pictures they evaluate). All the new items shown at Shot Show (or introduced in early January like SA and Colt announced), or the NRA show in 2020, will be eligible for their 2021 Awards. (Not sure when S&W's 9mm EZ was introduced, and whether it was a candidate for this years award or will be for next year's award).

From the article, here's the qualifications for the Golden Bullseye Award:

To qualify for consideration for a Golden Bullseye Award, a product must have been:
  • Recently introduced and available to consumers prior to the selection of the Golden Bullseye Awards;
  • Used/tested by a staff member or regular contributor to the magazine and/or affiliated media;
  • Reliable in the field, meeting or exceeding the evaluator’s expectations;
  • Innovative in design and function;
  • Readily perceived as a value to the purchaser; and
  • Styled in a manner befitting the shooting and hunting industry and, perhaps more importantly, its enthusiasts.
“Selected by a six-member committee consisting of editors, graphic designers and veteran NRA Publications staff, [these products] epitomize what NRA members seek in their shooting and hunting equipment—outstanding performance, innovation and value," said Doug Hamlin, executive director of NRA Publications. "Congratulations to those who have created the industry’s best new products.”

I hear what you're saying RandomHero, as I was also baffled myself at first. But I'm thinking that they look at the Guns, gear, etc. that was available in 2019, for the staff to test and evaluate, and then come out with the awards for 2020 (much like the Academy awards are held in March the year following the pictures they evaluate). All the new items shown at Shot Show (or introduced in early January like SA and Colt announced), or the NRA show in 2020, will be eligible for their 2021 Awards. (Not sure when S&W's 9mm EZ was introduced, and whether it was a candidate for this years award or will be for next year's award).
100% respect the products that SA produces as they are quality, no doubt.👍
Just thought it was funny to get an annual award 2 months in is all. In no way disagreed with your post BET7, the Hellcat is definitely deserving of an award. But still thought it was funny as in odd...
Thanks for the criteria clarification too.

100% respect the products that SA produces as they are quality, no doubt.👍
Just thought it was funny to get an annual award 2 months in is all. In no way disagreed with your post BET7, the Hellcat is definitely deserving of an award. But still thought it was funny as in odd...
Thanks for the criteria clarification too.
Yeah, I guess that's how they do this award. I posted the criteria (which was in the article), not know if you read it or not, but figured it might be easier for new posters to see it here without having to read the entire article. Just trying to be helpful, in no way did I mean that you may not have read it. People post so many articles on here (that's a good thing), that I'm having a hard time keeping up and have skipped several, meaning to go back to read later, hopefully not forgetting.🧐

Back