testtest

Hogue Rubber Grips for Ronin EMP 3

Steverino

Elite
As I have large hands, I purchased a set of black Hogue 1911 Officers Model Grips (#43000) for my fairly new Ronin EMP 3.

Here's the Hogue link showing the different colors available: 1911 Officers Model Hogue Grips (Also available on Amazon and other sites.)

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

I slightly trimmed the grip opening for the magazine catch-lock so that when the magazine button is depressed the catch-lock is able to fully protrude from the frame. A narrow file or emery board, or even some sandpaper wrapped around a small dowel, will do the trick.

IMG_8017.jpg

I have used Hogue wrap-around grips on other guns, and like the better purchase/grip that I get and the more dampened recoil that I feel, especially in my slightly arthritic wrists!

Looking forward to range-testing the grips tomorrow, and will report back.

I have a customer that puts Hogues on all his 1911's....while I have not done so, I can admit that they are certainly a far more comfortable grip than my Ronin's standard. IMO, of course. Blasphemous....

I have a customer that puts Hogues on all his 1911's....while I have not done so, I can admit that they are certainly a far more comfortable grip than my Ronin's standard. IMO, of course. Blasphemous....
Admittedly, the SA wood grips are much more attractive than the Hogue’s! However, when it comes to an EDC, I sometimes do push function over form. It is a balancing ⚖️ act.

Steve, no one gives a crap about the "look" of an EDC....function should always supersede form. Especially with an EDC.

But J, in this day and age of an unending plethora of customized choices, one is allowed, and even encouraged, to exercise some artistic license! Least we forget, the Hogue grip for my Ronin EMP is also available in OD, FDE and flaming Pink! :D

Back