testtest

Holiday weekend with grandkids edc knife.

Sld1959

Hellcat
The grandkids came down yesterday after all. Switched to my hunting/outdoors clothes, pants only, left the pink shirt on the girls got me for Christmas, for an "adventure" in the back yard. Changed knives to a model I carried for about 30 years, a Blackie Collins Bolt action folder. First made by Gerber then made by Myerco with the addition of a pocket clip. I carried both versions. It was a great design which you can find in sone Spydercos, and derivatives in locks like the Axis lock At one time the Bolt action was also the favored design for Steven Dick Blade Magazine editor.

The knife performed a number of tasks including cutting cord for the backyard tent adventure and the hotdogs and marshmallow sticks. That called for a tough blade I will tell you.

20230529_122437.jpg

We even had a visitor the grandkids had never seen before.

20230529_125118.jpg

Last edited:
The Bolt Action was basically the strongest lock of its day and was one of the smoothest opening knives ever even before the thumbstuds. The lock placement made it easy for a lefty like me to manipulate the lock with the fingers of the left hand, rather like a right hand magazine release is easy to use I find.

20230529_130542.jpg

The Bolt Action was basically the strongest lock of its day and was one of the smoothest opening knives ever even before the thumbstuds. The lock placement made it easy for a lefty like me to manipulate the lock with the fingers of the left hand, rather like a right hand magazine release is easy to use I find.

View attachment 40197
That's a good lookin' knife. Kinda reminds me of a Bugout.

Back