testtest

How It’s Made..S&W M&P Handguns

I have 2 Shields, including the M 2.0 .45 ACP w/integrated laser. They mention that it is a bargain to get the laser already on the gun compared to buying the Laserguard separately, but I think I would rather have the Laserguard for the simple fact that you don't have to turn it on. The fact that it isn't grip activated means it will likely go unused in a SD situation. Which is after all the entire reason for the Shield's existence. The only situation besides the range where I foresee ever using that laser is if I hear a noise in the night and have the extra couple of seconds to activate it before I go to investigate. And frankly I will have a shotgun in my hand not the Shield.

I have 2 Shields, including the M 2.0 .45 ACP w/integrated laser. They mention that it is a bargain to get the laser already on the gun compared to buying the Laserguard separately, but I think I would rather have the Laserguard for the simple fact that you don't have to turn it on. The fact that it isn't grip activated means it will likely go unused in a SD situation. Which is after all the entire reason for the Shield's existence. The only situation besides the range where I foresee ever using that laser is if I hear a noise in the night and have the extra couple of seconds to activate it before I go to investigate. And frankly I will have a shotgun in my hand not the Shield.
1585437564085.jpeg

I still have the 1.0 shield all factory as my CCW gun, I was told as a carry gun, it’s a good ideal to keep it stock, prosecutors love it when there is a shooting and the gun was altered.

Yeah, people say that on the internet but there is zero evidence of a trigger job ever causing anyone a problem in a clean SD shoot. The only relevant example I know of is the police officer who killed a perp with his personal shotgun, which was decorated "Menacingly" including having the phrase " You're F'ed" printed on it. A prosecutor was able to convince a jury that he was looking for a confrontation. I doubt very seriously a trigger job would ever be able to pull that off.

That said, I have shot a buddy's Shield with the Apex kit and frankly I wasn't impressed enough to go through the bother with either of mine. And I didn't notice very much difference between the trigger on my M 2.0 .45 and my 1.0 PC .40. No triggers on strikers are that impressive to me though and that includes my Q5. Yeah, it's a lot nicer than the M&Ps but frankly it still sucks.

I have the shield 2.0 with Crimson Trace. There are some benefits to having a laser especially if you ever need to use your gun in a low light environment and need to limit collateral damage such as being in a populated area..

When I worked at my local Sheriff Dept, that’s what I was told by the sheriff and one of the counties prosecutors. None of the deputies were allowed to alter any of the duty or backup weapons.

Especially in today's environment I could see a sleazy defense lawyer possibly being able to use this to their advantage against a police officer. I have to say though I have yet to see anyone produce an example of that actually happening. And I have asked.

Especially in today's environment I could see a sleazy defense lawyer possibly being able to use this to their advantage against a police officer. I have to say though I have yet to see anyone produce an example of that actually happening. And I have asked.
This really matters in the anti 2a states where the local politics will use anything to sink you.

I have the shield 2.0 with Crimson Trace. There are some benefits to having a laser especially if you ever need to use your gun in a low light environment and need to limit collateral damage such as being in a populated area..

I agree completely. I would rather the laser activate automatically though rather than having to turn it on. Mine doesn't have a safety, but imagine carrying that gun, with a safety and in a critical situation needing to disengage the safety and engage the laser in about 1.2 seconds. I'm sure if you train with it you could get it down pretty quick, but still. I guess ultimately the most likely scenario doesn't even include using sights at all so it really is kind of nitpicking. I put a Laserguard on my dad's EZ and I really like it though.

I agree completely. I would rather the laser activate automatically though rather than having to turn it on. Mine doesn't have a safety, but imagine carrying that gun, with a safety and in a critical situation needing to disengage the safety and engage the laser in about 1.2 seconds. I'm sure if you train with it you could get it down pretty quick, but still. I guess ultimately the most likely scenario doesn't even include using sights at all so it really is kind of nitpicking. I put a Laserguard on my dad's EZ and I really like it though.
I honestly don't use the laser often but on the shield with Crimson trace the button is on both sides and my finger lands on it as I'm drawing.

Back