testtest

How To Buy Or Build A Custom Precision Rifle

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
If you're going to spend serious money on a custom precision rifle, make certain you get what you pay for.

1607619570297.png

BTW - Gain twist barrels are a bit of a novelty. Plenty rifles shoot fine without a gain-twist but if you have the $$ to try one then that's OK.

And, whuile they're all the rage right now a chassis typically raises the overall cost, whereas a convemtional stock still shoots fine.

My .02

Last edited:
I've been doing a hard search on a parts for my 1st build and went with a savage 110 action, because of the great results with them in factory rifles. I'm not 100% sure on the chassis yet, but getting close. After Christmas the barrel will get ordered and have been told 3-4 months for delivery. More food for thoughts, thanks! In a good way that is!

If you're going to spend serious money on a custom precision rifle, make certain you get what you pay for.

View attachment 12749

BTW - Gain twist barrels are a bit of a novelty. Plenty rifles shoot fine without a gain-twist but if you have the $$ to try one then that's OK.

And, whuile they're all the rage right now a chassis typically raises the overall cost, whereas a convemtional stock still shoots fine.

My .02
Good link Talyn, thanks for posting.

I doubt I'll ever go with a chassis since automatically you're obligated to extra cost for detachable mags, and there's a weight issue.

My 6mm CM in a traditional HS Precision stock shot like a laser beam today.

I doubt I'll ever go with a chassis since automatically you're obligated to extra cost for detachable mags, and there's a weight issue.

My 6mm CM in a traditional HS Precision stock shot like a laser beam today.
I all ready have the stock pile of detach mags @ 3.850" for 300wm and 338lm so the chassis system works for me. I could just get a barrel for them, but maybe later? I'm checking out Carbon6 since they use McGowen barrels. Between Hart, Bartlein, and other top mfgs I could change my mind if this 1 doesn't work out as good as I hope?

Back